That's exactly what you SHOULD do, if you're uncomfortable with the risk. Personally, I decided to back it, since this is the first headset which (theoretically) meets my requirements and I didn't want to wait until it's finally released to retail. I expected it to be delayed (but perhaps not THIS delayed). Still, I'd rather it be good, instead of rushed. Besides, NVidia still hasn't released the next iteration of enthusiast video cards and (imo) that's a requirement for the 8K to shine.