I am a bit worried too... Maybe we won't save 200$... Maybe the retail price won't be any higher than 100$ more... Maybe they will find retailers in other countries that save shipping costs and customs costs. So at that point I quite agree with Jean-Medhi, I could have done something else with that money (like keep my Vive...).
We still don't know when they will start to sell the public model once they shipped every backers orders. Maybe it will be a month later, maybe it will be the same week. I don't see why they would wait, or why they would produce 1000 headsets for backers, then close the factory and wait a month to produce more... I think they will mass produce. First units will be for backers, and the following for other people. So we don't earn much time.
On top of that, well... first delay was understandable. Now if they are late again (and it would be again understandable), and if I receive my Pimax after july, holidays will be over, and I won't have time to enjoy this great product (I would like to do 24h of Le Mans on Project Cars).
Many reasons to be worried about, but I also knew it would be part of the kickstarter experience. I just hope the future will prove that I'm wrong. Maybe the Pimax 8k will sell 2500$