finally got Dying Light working with Revive on the latest beta drivers.. 1.2.95_beta. and considering this is not a VR game, it plays pretty sweet.
- get latest Revive install (you need Oculus Home installed to use Revive)
- you need to enable Oculus mode in the following file: C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\DyingLight\out\settings\video.scr
> note: the XXXX in the path is your Profile name
- Add the following to the bottom of the file OculusEnabled()
- save the file
- navigate to your game file for Dying light.. mine is located on my D drive - yours may be located on your C or another drive: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light
- Launch SteamVR and wait till it locates SteamVR Home
- once Steamvr home is loaded then Revive will appear in your system menu (bottom right) right click on it and choose PATCH and then navigate to dying light game file (in my case as mentioned in point 5 - D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light\DyingLightGame.exe)
once it is patched just run the game using the same exe file you just patched.. i was unable to launch my dying light from within steam but doing it from the file path worked for me..
Play the game.. note - you need to change the resolution in game to 1920x1080 - i also set my Pimax to that resolution as well to make it run smoother.
- you also need to turn off AA in game settings or the shadows in the game are messed up.. i.e. left eye has shadow and right eye does not.. turning off AA fixes it.
other issues when playing .. looking down sights using bow or crossbow does not work properly its off center, but shooting without looking down sight is fine. considering this is not a VR game - revive works very well with it.. sometimes its a pig to get working but once it does.. it works pretty damn well.
all the best