This I wonder too. Technically (in pixel count) 2x1440p is even less than 4k, so I hope you're not going to market this as '8k' ?
Also man I'm not even angry. But really disappointed. Not sure how Pimax could screw this up like this. I mean they go to Europe, bring only 1 8k HMD and it breaks down the first day. Then you guys demonstrate a 5k model and expect reviews ? I mean how is a professional reviewer going to review this thing ? Something like:
- SDE ... well it was clearly noticeable but we don't know how this will change with 4k panels.
- Colours ... they looked nice but we don't know how this will look in the final product since that's going to be LCD instead of OLED.
- Ghosting ... well seemed nice but since this was OLED we don't know how it will look in the final LCD product..
- Brightness ... Looked nice but we don't know how this will look in the final LCD product.
- And in general, we couldn't see very clearly because there was no hardware IPD yet and the IPD was wrong for us, but there will be hardware IPD in the final product "
LOL. Of course no serious magazine is going to write a review like this, it would be totally ridiculous. I now understand why the guys from www.vrnerds.de, who DID go to the IFA, did not write anything about the Pimax 8k.
You guys messed up big time. Please learn from this and take TWO 8k hmd's to your next event, in case the first breaks down. AND CHANGE THAT DAMN SLOGAN, LOL... "Never be so clear" means something like "do not be clear". It's the opposite of what you guys want to say. It makes you look like idiots. Not trying to be harsh but that's just the way it is. You failed big time, you guys really need to work harder/better next time if you want to be succesful. @xunshu @PimaxVR
It's really too bad because a good demonstration at IFA would have been a wonderful kick-off to the whole kickstarter campaign. Now it would be a horrible idea to start kickstarter, because who's going to buy it like this ?