My review requests major points for a reviewer:
1. Reference Display replication. Test it with an amsler grid to check for warping and make sure you make the grid span your entire fov. Example of an amsler grid:http://cdna.allaboutvision.com/i/amsler-grid.gif
2. Tracking. Is it rock solid or even improved due to 2.0 lighthouse tracking sensors?
3. Screens. If screen is 90hz: verify that it is. Analyze ghosting with high fps camera.
If it isn’t: does it make games behavior strange? Some games that tie their game engine logic to 90hz or a divisible of 90hz. notice any bizzare or glitchy gameplay or game crashes? How’s the brightness?
4. Performance assurance/software: is brainwarp working? If it is: the frame rate should feel dramatically higher in scenes of motion. Do extensive tests.
Is ASW working? There shouldn’t be any lag on your hands in states of reprojection.
Is ATW working? Compare it on versus off looking at steamvr frame timing. Any crashes or instability with software in general?
5. Lenses. Look for anomalies, godrays, chromatic aberration, mura and unspecified artifacts that are not part of the reference image. Is the fov truly 200 degrees? A test for that should be possible to set up by opening an image of 200 degrees and the line from origin to infinity should be just on where the lens ends horizontally. How is the vertical. Check for 120 degrees.
1. If all is well (gulp) to this point, and what was advertised on the Kickstarter is all there, how is the wow factor? Make a separate portion of review for exciting gloating if it’s awesome here.
2. How is the halo headstrap? Comfort? How’s the audio?
3. Build quality. Will this thing last a few years?
4. Stability of any mechanical/moving parts. These tend to break first god forbid. Does it seem robust enough?
5. A review of how hours of pimax 8k affects you. Does the wide fov affect you any more than regular vr or is it simply more immersive?
If display is lower hz, how has that affected you?
Please be as in depth and thorough as possible. Don’t be a lone wolf, the community may ask you to test things too.
No shorty 5 minute videos. This should be an hour as it’s not an entertainment video, but an informative video.
Please make at least three reviews. A unboxing. One after a few hours. And one a week later.
Any other intelligent tests and observations you can think of.
And any other reviewers.