I know how you must feel.
Overall I think I've been lucky with mine.
I've had it for well over a year now and apart from the focus issue mod I had to make it's worked reliably.
But I don't know if I would feel comfortable in buying another Pimax without some serious user feedback first.
I really don't want to go through waiting months for software fixes again and after all this time, the 4K issues still haven't been resolved.
Now with the 8K etc coming on stream, I doubt that 4K will rate much attention from Pimax regardless of whatever they say about it.
They're really going to have their hands full resolving all the issues with the new unit for a long time.
I'm kind of considering the Vive Pro.
I think the upgrade in resolution, past product reliability and HTC's reputation makes me more confident.
But I think I will wait a while before doing anything.