I'm hoping mine will be up to the task, at least until there's a sale on 2080 Ti cards. Maybe "Black Friday" or after XMas sales will beat my headset's arrival. My backer number is in the 3000s, so I'm hopeful that it will arrive this year, but I'm mentally already prepared for yet another delay.
I would still rather wait a bit longer, than have Pimax scrimp on QA or testing the finished hardware. I want mine to work properly, instead of being rushed out the door.