I agree with you as well as with @sjefdeklerk:
I am impatient as well, and I'd like to get it as early as possible, especially, if there are only a couple of software issues left to be solved. I already like the 4K, I loved it already in its early state, and the 8K can't be worse than the 4K, it simply must be better, no doubt about that.
On the other hand, I totally agree with you concerning all those sceptical and bad news and threads about the 8K here in Germany: As soon as anybody held the prototypes in its hands in the past and was complaining about anything, almost everybody in those communities complained about it in the same way, even if he didn't test it by himself... "Pimax will never get it done; Pimax never ever can't be as good as Oculus or HTC" etc. And you're right, when you say, that no single site would report or review the 8K a couple of months later again when all the last issues would be fixed.
Nevertheless, me too, I'd agree to any kind of NDA or whatsoever, if Pimax / @xunshu would offer me to get the 8K in its actual state as long as all hardware issues are fixed. I even wouldn't mind about proper roomscale since I'd use it for positional tracking sitting in front of cockpit simulations only. So if positional tracking in cockpit simulations would work perfectly, it would be ok for me - I don't have any benefit of waiting longer, as I'd never be able to do roomscale in my "PC corner" of my room - absolutely no room/space for that - sufficient to work to the PC and sit down, nothing more
So, yes, I'd behave absolutely the same way if proposed:
Signing an NDA
Receiving the 8K
Testing and gaming it with my games
Reporting to Pimax everything that works fine or buggy in this context
Of course, this won't fit for everybody depending on the issues.
Which is why I'd prefer some kind of detailed information about them and perhaps the possibility for the bakers to decide, if they'd prefer to receive it now with NDA, or later.