Reading some comments here make it appear as if the Vive Pro is a true revelation that hardly can be beat.
Must have read the wrong reviews then - my impression was that it is an over-priced Vive with better screens, but still lots of the old short-comings. And, oh yes, the second camera which will be as useful as the first one was to me with the old Vive.
Sorry, but depending on the preferred use cases it will be pretty easy for a moderately well-worked 8K to outclass the Vive Pro. Unless you are more into feeling satisfaction with problems not even noticed by the average Joe being resolved better in the Vive Pro than the 8K, at the cost of lower resolution, FoV, higher SDE.
This is where I believe Sweviver and I may simply have different benchmarks compared to Sjef‘s and which is why Sjef can‘t stand to read Sweviver‘s enthusiasm - because he knows that he personally will be left with mixed feelings once he has it at home, because he will spend the first 4 weeks analyzing the 8K to death to measure everything. While simpletons like me will live in blissful ignorance and be wowed by the marvels of the new sense of immersion while just playing games with our 8K.
What I really don‘t get is the allegation that Sweviver is lying - Sjef said it again today. Tell me one logical reason which would motivate him to do so. He runs a YT channel. He has something beyond 10,000 followers, mostly owning Vives & Rifts. Now let‘s assume he hypes the 8K on purpose although he knows it is dogshit and won‘t be ready in the coming 6 months anyhow.
1. Why would he stop his channel production, which will translate in loss of revenues?
2. Once the crappy 8K is out, and people bought it because of his rave reviews, they notice it is crap.
3. Actually only a few will buy it due to his reviews, because it ain‘t available yet, only pledges being sold would be available. Before it is available to purchase, bad reviews are there a plenty.
4. Backers and the few buyers will feel pissed off because he hyped a piece of crap. They will voice their displeasure. He will loose these subscribers to his channel.
5. Rift & Vive owners will see the discrepancy of him hyping it and everybody else going thumbs down on it, and he will loose a lot of credit in his subscriber base.
6. He could turn to produce YT content exclusively for 8K owners - but wait a minute, the 8K is crap right ? So this is a small market, soon to die.
What sense does that make ? So why go out there and say he is lying, while you yourself don‘t have an M1 at home, so you simply are doing nothing but guessing, while he has it at home and has absolutely nothing to gain if he bullshitted us on the M1 ?
I find this difficult to understand - and pretty daft to take such position and even coaim that he is lying. I don‘t think it was smart from Sweviver to repond to all of that, but I can see why he did it. Having people lecture him every single day on how he has to see the M1 he holds in his hands and they haven‘t even come close to, must be quite irritating.