As i know last piplay version 1.2.57 should have less ghosting then previous versions.
As i mentioned before, make sure to:
- disable interleaved reprojection
- enable always on reprojection
- set resolution to full hd (for the test period)
If it feels really really bad, uninstall the version and try version 1.1.92 (need to find a link for it)
1.1.92 will have some issues while detecting headset and has compatibility issues with oculus games and oculus home software, which needs to be removed before your downgrade the version. This version has a way more different render that provides a better picture quality. Im pretty sure it will have same ghosting amount or even more, but its still worth a try.
With a 1.1.92 version find your services (windows services in task manager), piservicelauncher need to be stoped and restarted if you will ensure any issues with connecting device (no need to unplug device). Once its detected and resolution set start steamvr
- in steam settings enable asynchronous reprojection
- try with full hd for the test period (need to be sure its full hd, because in 1.1.92 there is a checkbox for 2k resolution while in later version there is a checkbox for full hd)