Since we as consumers have the power to shape the products we want to buy, if only we are aware of it and we really want it, I propose to make a list of all the features that are most important to us, which we would like to see included in a future VR headset, be it Pimax or other brand, and send a clear message to the companies. (Not necessarily only Pimax)
Subsequently the various items could be collected into categories and start a poll, so as to emphasize the most desired characteristics of the readers in the forum.
Here are mine, listed in order of importance:
1) Horizontal field of view >170 and decently wide vertical angle.
2) New generation micro OLED display >5K resolution, up to 120Hz refresh rate and >850Ppi to almost nullify any SDE, possibly using curved UltraWide panel/s for a more natural view.
3) High quality lenses, absolutely not plastic, even if this involves a reduction of the visual FOV initially planned.
4) Software and drivers of high level and quality, 100% compatible with SteamVR and OpenVR.
5) 100% compatibility with Vive base stations 2 and Vive controllers.
6) Force feedback in Pimax controllers.
7) Low headset weight, excellent internal passive ventilation, option to add forced ventilation, prescription lenses, iris tracking, easily replaceable and washable foam cushion.
8) Possibility to opt for a version with Displayport (better quality at such high resolutions, possibility to use longer cables without loss of signal).
9) Max price $650 , including controllers and 1 tracking station.
NOT interested in:
That's all for me, that comes in mind, you can copy or add yours.