230 units are already made?

@xunshu you have manufactured this many already?

They are probably still in production.

The Trump administration just issued a new list of items from China which are subject to tariffs. Happily, VR equipment is NOT on the list…

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/07/politics/us-china-tariff-list/index.html

Better question has the green light been given on hardware? Will the M2 have a new lenses OR does it just have cosmetic changes? Hope their not rushing it out half finished without tester approval

@mixedrealityTV Have you guys given the green light on hardware?

I really understood it as they’d made a who bunch of units already and they are looking more at software these days.

On July 31, @xunshu said, “we are assembling the 2nd batch of ~230 M2 (improved M1)”. According to the accompanying chart, Pimax will produce 230 units this month (by which, I think they mean August), then “there will be around 700 one month later” (Sept.), then 2000 the next month (Oct.). My personal opinion is that’s assuming that everything goes well and the M2 will be the final unit. If there are hardware issues, there will probably be some more delays.

What do you think will be different in the M2 Neil?

@Heliosurge Are they changing lens design or just making cosmetic changes? Facepad plactic etc

I think the major change will be a studier housing, which will be less prone to cracking. From the leak, that seemed like the biggest remaining flaw. It’s certainly possible that they’ve upgraded the lenses again. It’s likely they’ve redesigned the foam padding, for better comfort and fit for non-Asian faces.

As for software, the edge distortions should be greatly reduced.

I’m really hoping there won’t need to be an M3 unit!

Truth not sure of all the changes; Save what Neil said.

Well, has the M2 already been shipped? Have the testers like @SweViver received it yet? I don’t know how they can greenlight what they haven’t tested yet :smiley:

Nothing rec’d as of yet. I imagine will ship soon to testers.

Strange that they haven’t even been sent yet. Seeing as the M2 is in mass production and this was announced over a week ago…

making a guess.

If the fault the hardware and the lens?

Would you modify the 200 units manufactured to an M3 … or what would you say M2 improved?

What is the use of changing aesthetics or external materials?

to continue with the same mistakes of image deformation, and little fluidity etc …?

If I receive my viewer it is to be 100% useful and usable for the RV.

to observe it and not be able to use it I did not support the camapaña on kickstarter

Best not to guess & wait n see what comes.

Anytime soon! :slight_smile:

M1, M2 etc…
we hope that what we receive will be possible to use it as a vr viewer.

And not having it at home as a paperweight
:wink:

Lucky bastard :frowning:. You’ve been enjoying the shit out of Pimax 8k while the rest of us still kept in the dark and not even the freaking NDA lifted yet…

[quote=“Jam-gino, post:12, topic:7398, full:true”]… or what would you say M2 improved?

What is the use of changing aesthetics or external materials?

to continue with the same mistakes of image deformation, and little fluidity etc …?

If I receive my viewer it is to be 100% useful and usable for the RV.

to observe it and not be able to use it I did not support the camapaña on kickstarter
[/quote]
The 230 units are of M2. Changing the design of the exterior will help prevent stress cracks. The image deformation should now be fixed (in software). We all want a good headset which we can actually use.

i take it you will be one of the people wanting to get your headset before the software is finished, so you dont have that long to wait i imagine.

TOTALLY! Ain’t waiting not even a month anymore. Software can be updated on the-fly and i do not mind that at all. I just want the damn hardware finished already and get it ASAP.

@mixedrealityTV got his. The vid is on his Patreon.