72 hz flickering

issue

GPU Vega 64, CPU ryzen 2700x.
72hz and 64hz produce weird flickering, 90 hz is fine.

@Doman.Chen

Some people are just more susceptible to seeing flicker at lower refresh rates in VR.

No. Just hardware/software error.

Is this on initially changing the refresh rate? When I first change mine I get odd tearing, and need to restart the hmd another time before it works properly

There seems to be continuing issues getting Amd Vega gpus working correctly. But @PimaxUSA has said they speak with Amd often/daily? So it is curious why it works good on other headsets.

I imagine they are working on it as it has had problems since last year & other Amd users are waiting on an update. Surprisingly it seems to be fine on my old r9 390; so likely something to do with a change in the Vega Architecture that affects pimax headsets specifically.

https://youtu.be/AQG88xJNI3g this is the issue with 72hz (on 64hz is worse). Also GPU usage doesn’t go above 90% no matter hwat i throw at it (cpu is OC 2700x, no cpu bottleneck)

Yeah Amd Cpus are fine. Seems to be Fury, Rx480/580 & Vega Gpus are having a lot of issues.

I & others have the r7 2700x cpu with 0 problems.

I never had issues with vega in normal games or VR, is just 72hz,64hz on pimax5k that doesn’t work. Seems to be software issue if Nvidia work fine.

I did restart it 2 times, flickering wont disappear