8KX Backers PLAN G is Out and UP! Still No Info on How to send back Loaner Units

@PimaxUSA @SweViver @pimaxvr
All these options are confusing. Imo, what we need is 1 form with edit and check boxes and clear pricing per option. Something like this (prices are examples only):

Select original Kickstarter pledge:
My pledge number is (id)
I pledged for:
5K (quantity)
8K (quantity)
8KX (quantity)
I want to upgrade to 8K+ (checkbox) +$999
I want to upgrade to 8KX (checkbox) +$1300
I want the deluxe on-ear headphones +$100
I pledged for an 8K, but opted for 5K+ (checkbox) -$100
I do not want my KS bonus items (checkbox) -$50
I do not want my eyetracker coupon (checkbox) -$100
I want an eyetracker (checkbox) +$150
I have an 8KX pledge and did not get a loaner HMD (checkbox)
I have an 8KX pledge and want to keep my 5K+ loaner (checkbox) +$200
I have an 8KX pledge and want to keep my 8K loaner (checkbox) +$300
(like many others, I only ordered a single base station)
Base stations, which I ordered and wish to convert to credit (quantity) - $75 each
Controllers, which I ordered and wish to convert to credit (quantity) - $75 each

Automatic backers discount: -$100
Taxes: +$$$$
Shipping: +$0
Total: $$$$

This would be clearer and the math could be easily double-checked and would allow backers to make clear, intelligent choices.

17 Likes

Not 100% I understand.

8kX backers on their backed headset are receiving the current finalized headset with Stretch goals.

Do you mean those who choose to purchase the loaner now vs those whom purchased the loaner prior?

Those who bought/backed an extra headset requiring no loaner of course get stretch goals for both. But of course the X backer on the 8kX receives complimentary pimax comfort kit.

At a guess those opting to purchase the loaner now are likely without stretch goals for the loaner.

@PimaxUSA @Matthew.Xu

1 Like

Helio, At least 8kX backers are getting A option to keep all stretch goals! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This option provides to much information and is too easy. Please allow for confusion so PiMaxs limited team has more to deal with so they can feel like they are gaining a buck and everyone on both sides feels like they are getting crewed. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Do you really think they will send them a secondary MAS for their keeper headset?

The X has it standard its not a backer reward.

1 Like

Agreed they have over complicated things.

Simply should have been

Backers

• Backer Deal -$200
  • Downgrade Credit -$100
  • Stretch Goal opt out -$150 (keep Eye tracking or Wireless discount)
  • Opt out Eyetracking -$50
  • Full Package Opt out -$300 (KS Price)
  • Xtra Controller opt Out -$100 (KS Price)
  • Xtra LH Opt out -$75 (KS Price)

Pre Order/Owner

• Pre order/owner -$100
  • Controller LH Deposit -$300

Deal for either

• Index Upgrade +$179
  • Add Index Controllers & LHes $479
  • MAS Deluxe upgrade $100 (req Base MAS)

Similar to @generic’s & @Hoodathunk’s idea.

Ala cart choose which options for discount.

@Matthew.Xu @PimaxVR

This would simplify things.

EDiT: Backer Discount should consider making permnament. -$100 for 5k+ & -$200 on 8k & 8kX (and future headsets) only on regular price not promos.

Or

Revision

Permnament:

• Pioneer(Backer) Discount -20% on Pimax Produced items
  • Pilgrim(Pre Order) Discount -10% on Pimax Produced Items
13 Likes

I only ordered 1 basestation. Wonder if i can add another? And the silicon sleeve? All sent together to save shipping?

But there is no backer deal.

True but remember some 8k backers complained 5k backers got a free upgrade to 5k+. :thinking::beers::wink::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

2 Likes

I’m honestly still confused about what the stretch goals particularly in the case of the 8k X contain and what not. Price difference between “keep all stretch goals” and “keep only eye tracking discount” is $250. If the deluxe audio strap upgrade isn’t part of the deal and neither a second MAS for the loaner then the math doesn’t seem to work for me. I don’t get why we have to pay $250 more for keeping the stretch goals while the other plans only contain a $50 discount for giving them up.
(Ok, in one case it’s backers having to pay and in the other it is Pimax having to offer a discount?)
Hope they explain what to expect.

2 Likes

@Heliosurge, I have also suggested an ‘a la carte’ methodology in another earlier post, but no response as of yet.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed they lumped preorders & backers more or less: Save we have backer item trade offs. :beers::wink::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

I have corrected the miss; see post (edited) :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Just keep in mind while we post an idea/compromise; we need to give time for them to discuss & evaluate.

1 Like

No worries, brother. My intent was to highlight that great minds think alike! :grinning:

3 Likes

I would love to be a fly on the wall at PiMax HQ right now, just watching the chaos and confusion going on there end. its got to be near the same as it is are end.
Worries me that they lost the backer info when sending out the HMD`s, Just hope they still have the info of what us the backers actually backed.

2 Likes

I have send a ticket to them at 10/31 for my pledge, no reply until now…
Looking forward for how long they take first touch to my ticket.

for now it’s taken 4 days.
no status update.

I consider send the HMD back, i won’t keep 8k(loaner) in my hand, is way toooooo bad than 5k+(my own) in my hand…

But the stretch goals now make me feel unuseful… for 8kx.
No reason to keep those stretch goals either…(except eye tracking… but is just an discount)

I really want opt out all stretch goals and receive a free eye tracking…:zipper_mouth_face:

The only people in the office over the weekend was the 8kX engineering team testing various things. It’s now Monday morning so the service and logistics team are now in the office.

Those who are waiting for replies should receive them shortly. (I traveled back to Florida so was out of communication for the long trip).

8 Likes

Thanks for responding. Its a good start.

1 Like

If you are an 8KX backer planning to send back the loaner tbh the only useful stuff is the eye tracking and the wireless discount.

2 Likes

Rigth, that was my thinking……