About M1 closed beta

Not sure if i already wrote so write again :slight_smile:
Am were intrested to test Pimax 8k and yes i am a backer that only play VR game, beta test some games and now play alot of Skyrim VR, other games i like is Onward, Stand out, The Brookhaven Experiment, Gorn, Elite Dangerous, Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul, Project CARS 2, Serious Sam 3 VR and so on.

M1 Testers Roll Call

@xunshu please see below!

Hello PiMax team! I’d like to be considered for the testing of the M1 unit, here’s why I think I’d be a valuable tester.

First and foremost I’m backer #375 and was one of the earliest 8k bundle early bird adopters.

Secondly, I currently own a Rift, Vive, Vive Pro, and Samsung Odyssey. I have a wide variety of experiences and am obviously able to offer a comprehensive overview of the PiMax relative to the other widely available HMD’s.

Third, I’m a Twitch affiliate and live stream for my viewers when I get a new HMD and interact with them and answer questions, so I have experience with a) what questions people have regarding headsets and b) editing video to do reviews. I don’t have a large YouTube presence yet, but that’s something I’ll be looking at adding, since most of my interactions up until this point have been live instead of via edited videos. I understand, if chosen, I would not be live-streaming anything regarding the PiMax but doing that live in the past does give me the ability to know what people are generally looking for when considering new HMD’s.

Fourth, I have a pretty decent Reddit presence (u/VirtualParzival) in the VR community and I have a lot of people that follow me and like to hear my perspective on the current state of VR.

Fifth, I’m a moderator for the Onward Master League and have over 550 hours in Onward. There’s a HUGE appetite in the Onward community for the PiMax and I’m one of the most trusted members of that community. People wait for my hardware reviews before making decisions, and my live streams of new hardware are big events in that community.

Overall, I think I am able to offer a wide perspective and an unbiased review of the PiMax and am able to even give criticism where criticism is due. I’ll be able to compare the PiMax firsthand to every other widely available consumer HMD, something that most people are not able to do.

I am interested in participating. Formerly of Owlchemy Labs, my new studio is now developing a very physically VR active title and I would love to be able to put the unit through its paces especially in terms of ergonomics and its ability to accommodate both physical activity and player perspiration.

I am a qualified Kickstarter backer, etc.

It’s fun to watch how many “trusted leaders” we have this time :slight_smile:
"I am worthy to wear a ring, give it to me " LOL

Damn it. I can’t await it any longer. I am so curios what the testers say about the M1…

:spy: :nerd: :thermometer: :tired_face: :slight_smile:

Im so flippin fragged out ,i bet when they release the names they lock down there emails ,boom you have spam mail from 6000 pimax backer lol

Make sure you testers sweat into the headset, pimax said they made it sweat proof and i would love to know if they was able to follow thur

Have the hmd`s even been set to the testers yet ?

negatory, nada, nope,no.

i would love to test one i have played and used every vr headset out there would love to test yours how to get one

Did the finalversion had headphones? The waiting will come to an end and I still didn’t know. Didn’t found it excatly on KS page… I hope it have headphones…

the version we are getting as backers includes the better headband with built in headphones, yes

thx for answering, I wasn’t able to see it correctly and i am happy now :smiley:

Are you sure? Do you have a source on this?

Just look at the Kickstarter Page ?
We will get an (Deluxe) Audio Strap in the style of the PSVR’s headstrap.
@General_Jeno

Yes, but as it stands we still will get that audio strap delivered later and the initial delivery would be with the simple elastic strap without headphones. I have not seen any update from Pimax suggesting that the audio strap will be ready & delivered to backers with the 8K.

Exactly this. The audio strap, like other accessories, is a stretch goal. None of them are confirmed to be included at launch.

The kickstarter page - the audio headstrap was a stretch goal along with the eye tracking module that we are also getting for free.

I didn’t read it that the person i replied to expected them all to come in a single package, which his reply to me also would back up as he says he also found that info on the kickstarter page now.

Do people around here just want to start fights over every little detail now?

Sorry, that was definitely not my intent. Just a bit of a misunderstanding. It seemed to me like the questionw as “will the headset come with headphones” which is not a 100% guarantee if you’re an early backer. Probably retail will ship with the headphones and other accessories ready. (I hope, anyway)