I realize we all know this by now, but I just thought it deserved its own thread. I am a full package backer and stayed with the 8k, willing to wait for the controllers, and don’t want to give up the stretch goals and ready to wait for those too. It’s very likely that I will be purchasing eye tracking, hand tracking and wireless eventually. So I would think I am doing everything that a company would prefer me to do, not one single change from the original agreement and ready to spend for add ons.
As far as I can tell, my only option for getting an 8kx is through the current owner plan, which is a 15% or $200 discount.
I am looking forward to buying an 8kx, but there is just not much incentive or urgency for me to buy it as soon as possible, when that amount of discount is likely to be available for any old sale any time.
I’m not overly complaining because I tend to give Pimax more leeway with its problems than a lot of people and I really want them to succeed. I guess I just expected to be forced to open my wallet right now.
Editing (Now there have been statements in the last 12 hours, that even this 15% discount is not available since backer owners are not current owners, so my only option is 100% full retail?!? If true, that would truly be amazing!)