Any plans for an add-on for Cameras on the outside of the front of the headset for Augmented Reality?

suggestions

Hay all :slight_smile:

Anyone know if there are any plans for an add-on to add Cameras on the outside of the front of the headset to allow Augmented Reality?

Cheers :slight_smile:

So, the phantom plans are still on.

[quote=“Zirus_Blackheart, post:1, topic:17404, full:true”]
Hay all :slight_smile:

Anyone know if there are any plans for an add-on to add Cameras on the outside of the front of the headset to allow Augmented Reality?

Cheers :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Hey, I had the same idea and have implemented the same synonymous times.die camera works, but unfortunately I still have problems with (unity), that software implementation so um.und I unfortunately no C Sharp.das is the only problem.

Did you use the top usb port? I was looking into using that for the leap motion(usb c adapter), but there is not a lot of room for the housing of the usb cable/adapter so I’m curious to what you used. You could try Reality Blender with your camera setup.

I know that’s not optimal, but I wanted to test that first, if that works at all.
The next step will be that I build myself an adapter to get the space problem in the handle.
So that’s just a USB c on Usb adapter at the moment.
Many thanks for the tip

I thought it might be pushing into the face gasket, not much room for standard cables/adapters(I was looking at a 90deg but it wouldn’t work).

This is Better :sunglasses:

and this will/does work with current augmented reality software?

hey, the camera works. It runs with a resolution of 2560x960 and 60fps. But I have not found any “real” AR- Software. At the moment I just want to build my own “tron mode”