Auto-on on Pimax 8K

looking at the Pimax 8K I see an on/off button, does that mean it has no auto on/off sensor that the major VR headsets have, so in a ways its a bit like the Oculus Rift DK2.

It has both sensor and button. The button is for standby :slight_smile:

thank christ for that, they should clarify that somewhere.

The 4k has both as well. Though with any headset best to have off/unplugged when not in use.

my vive has been plugged in since launch day. woops

Just more of a precaution. If the sensor is blocked one could end up with a screen burn in; if a static image remains on for long periods of time.

@SweViver did you just broke NDA ?!?!?!?!??!!? :joy::joy::joy:
Kidding Mate

If the 8k uses lcd panels, shouldn’t burn-in be very unlikely/impossibel? Same for the 4k right?

We did have a user potenially get burn in on the 4k with sensor blocked.

How? I’ve read that lcds can’t get burn in. Only persistence, but that’s not always permanent.

I thought the same

Oled apparrently can get it as well. Probably one of the reasons dell cancelled their oled computer monitor.

My guess really long period of time & appears to be fixable to sime degree to completely on lcd.

Here is the oled BE model

Here is the 4k lcd model

Oled burnin Article.

There’s a power button on the 4K but it’s inactive. And that’s a good thing because it’s next to the volume buttons and I regularly miss

Press & hold it powers off. Not just a quick press. Lol

Lol, that’s more technical sophistication than I gave Pimax credit for I guess

You can’t get burn in on a Pimax 8K the screens aren’t OLED.

But it still sounds nice to have a dedicated button for standby mode.

Edit: oh wow didn’t see later comments. I never knew that was even possible.

I don’t have personal experience with this, but I don’t believe that LCD burn-in is permanent (unlike OLED). I’ve read that you can get rid of it by cycling through white and black images, leaving each one up for a while.

Here’s the first article I found on it…

Here’s a YouTube video that might fix it… “This video is a basic but effective way to help get rid of screen burn in or a stuck pixels on your screen.”

I left my 8K on and running for more than 8 hours a few weeks ago with SteamVR dashboard on-screen. I have no power-savings enabled in SteamVR or my PC, so it was projecting the same image all the time.

No burn in at all, as far as I can see :slight_smile:

is there no end to the depth of your testing