Creating a Pimax-DAS Adapter

I thought thingverse only had 3d print files, I didn’t realize that people print it for you and sell it. Is that correct?

Yep, that is correct :+1:

The only problem with making an adapter like this is it won’t be tight enough unless you have a big head. I had to break off part of the plastic tabs on the DAS to get it close enough for a good fit.

Vive DAS on Pimax?!?

Has anyone tested this yet? I have the 5k+ and would love a better strap.

How are your DIY skills?

I guess you did not read my post.

I dont want to glue or tape velcro onto the DAS, like shown with the “Frankenpimax” method that was show by @mixedrealityTV. Instead I like to make a more utiliterian solution which you can swap the same headgear between headsets, without having to mess around with cables much.

Tell Mike Jeffries. He needs one

Do you have a large head? Otherwise, as I said above, it’s not going to be tight enough putting that adapter on.

Yes, I also have a small headed sister I can test this on… Once I get everything that is…

The idea though is to not damage anything, so more testing is required.

I’m saying I already tried it and it doesn’t work, even on me, an average sized male. I had to break the ends of the vive audio strap off to get it close enough to be tight.

Hmm that sounds extreme. So basically what you are saying its not going close enough, something I will experiment on, since I demo my VR units.

The Idea though is to remove the existing plastic parts from the metal rods. When you do it t hat way, it should get close enough.

Alternatively I can modify the mounting parts around so that it does fit.

Yeah maybe if you made the piece that the DAS connects to extend beyond where it clips to the pimax, that might work

Thanks for that note, Ill look into the design again and make a refinement

Test printing with ABS now, let’s see how it turns out.

Edit. Yeah, nice design, easy to print. A preview print took about an hour and ten minutes. @Menithal you can merge the halves of the knobs, they can be printed upside very easily (though they would be more robust if printed horizontally)
Edit 2. I’m not sure of how that adapter is supposed to be attached, but the clip can be edited to make it push-click to secure / push-pull to release?