Custom made locomotion system through hardware modification of gamepads and vr controllers using arduino and sensors

Going backward in the below video , but I have fixed it just reverting how the motors are mounted.

Still working on fine tuning the walk for smooth walk and sensitivity.

Still work in progress, including its implementation on vr controllers (like mounting it on an old oculus rift controller or on a valve index).

Thinking and trying to implement another solution for vr controllers (using still this system) , that would not require disassembling the vr controller or the gamepad controller.

I have been not giving up on this. I am stubborn and I am still after achieving what I have been wishing to achieve,despite anything and anyone

2 Likes

Look up EDTracker and IRTracker. might give you more Ideas :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Marco for those who don’t know is quite the VR entrepeneur enthusiast.

He has backed quite a few vr projects.

3 Likes

Thinking about it, what about some thing like one of these. 6 axis MPU

2 Likes

Thanks! That is for headtracking, correct?

For headtracking I have been using cinemizer headtracking that i made ble

https://forum.pimaxvr.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/027e9e06a11a84f04e586251795f1743e8f56d9e.jpeg

That is for add headtracking / head movemets for games that are not vr games but regular games that I can play in a vr headset like the quest , on a floating lcd in the headset, fixing the lcd position to the center, but still being able to rotate the head 360 to move in game the camera/view 360

How would you think i could use EDTracker and IRTracker and also the 6 axis MPU . Could you please share your ideas ?

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I must say that talking to you regularly about vr and gaming and custom made solutions for vr and gaming, is a pleasure and inspiring and of incredible help for also this project and any other idea. Thank you for your time, the time you dedicate talking to me and for your ideas. It is a great have you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel the same and am honored you include in brainstorming on this project. You certainly have a strong dedication to see this through. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

3 Likes

The first Flight Controller was made using the Nintendo Wii Controller, and is base off of that, there must be some thing you could do with this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!
It is great been able to talk to you about any idea to explore together :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like