Display Port Extender

accessory

i can tested that for the usb 2.0 extension only, had 2x5m extensin plus the pimax 5m cable -> 15m over all
but i guess the power cord extension would also work on longer distance then 10m
i had a 7,5m passive DP extension and it did not work, the 5m extension from the same brand is reported to work (i’m using the 3m extension from that brand), so i guess passive DP for >10m is not reliable and active cable needs to be checked especially for added latency (i have no clue what to expect here, i know for normal usb two or tree hubs are no problem in latency)

Alright then, thanks.
i suppose i could look into those active cables

I just got the cable and coupler a day ago, and I can confirm that it is NOT working
The worst thing is that I don’t even have a way of telling if its the cable or the coupler. Any other ideas?

Lack of hardware for something this basic is incredibly infuriating to me. I don’t know what I’m gonna do because even if I sold the pimax and bought Valve Index for example, I would have the same problem because that is going to be DisplayPort as well.

i dont think even a (passive) 10m m/f extension is going to work, you tried it with a addition connector (m/m cable, f/f adapter) witch is degrading the signal further because of the added connectors

there is no standard for dp cable, anyone can claim anything without proof and there a a lot of low quality around too

imho it seems a active cable or repeater is the way to try if you looking for extending more than 5m, but they are expansive and until now i have not seen anyone here with a positive result for this, so if you order a 200 bugs cable make sure you can give it back if it does not work for you

Did you try the cable with a monitor to check if the cable is faulty?

I don’t actually have any other DP device, but I do have DP to HDMI cable which works when plugged in directly between monitor and PC, but doesnt when I use DP cable (the 10m mentioned above or another 1M that I already had) so I am thinking the coupler is useless.
I have ordered an active DP1.2 repeater which should arrive in less than a week. If that doesn’t work I’ll try really expensive fiber optics 10m DP cable as well…

Quick update:
The repeater works with short cable, but not with the 10m one. So I ordered a fiber optics 10m Displayport 1.4 cable and should have it on Friday. I’ll post the exact models if it works.

“following to keep on the News”…