Housing Issue Reports (cracks, imperfections etc.)

issue

Aaaand count me in! Dreaded left upper hand corner started to crack. Would definitely RMA mine, as it also has stuck pixel. However, exchanging right now makes little sense, we need different casing. I also wonder if we would be given option to exchange for more expensive devices (with extra payment of course), I am curious how OLED versions will turn out.

If I was involved in the design, I would’ve never opted for thinner plastic just for the sake of the looks. I think slightly thicker/flexible plastic with openings for the IR sensors would’ve been better solution.

Does anyone knows how long is the warranty? @anon84525399 ?

May I ask you if you are using Vive Lighthouses? I am wondering if Gaff Tape will interfere with IR.

Agreed they could have pocketed the areas where tracking sensors are instead of thinning the plastic. Oddly though it can handle drops well by leaked drop test video. But seems to not handle careful handling. At least not the front casing. The front needs upgrading.

I am yes, only the one and no interference as I have only a small strip of tape on one side about 3/8" by 1" long.

from @sjefdeklerk teardown it looks like four screws and one ribbon cable to remove the front panel…

i would certainly be willing to try replacing the front panel.

@Sean.Huang please can you consider sending out replacement front panels instead of a $100 voucher?

please consider that if we do not replace the front panel then any resale price is drastically reduced.

come on pimax, please do the right thing :smiley:

This ^^

@anon84525399, @mozi, @PimaxVR, @Pimax-Support, @PimaxUSA, anybody? Can we get an official response on this?

Providing this option would be a win-win.

Front panel shines through more in infrared light.

We need this option I agree! Hear us Pimax!

My cracked headset has been returned & signed for a full 7 days ago now.
My ticket status is still set as waiting for return hmd.
My 3 comments on my ticket in the last week all ignored.
@anon84525399 you said you would chase it up & still nothing.
Can i get an acknowledgenent or answer about the status please or is customer service taking a nosedive?

I’m in exact same boat. My headset was returned and signed for on March 27th. No update on the replacement. [Supen 2908 and 2706]. @mozi, @MichaelWang could I get a tracking number?

Now noticing a hairline crack on the main housing, top just to the right of the center head strap on the curved area. From front to rear of that section. Will keep an eye on it and if it worsens then document it with photos. But this is a first as it being the main housing plastic not the Front housing where the sensors are. :disappointed:

On a positive note, the new PiTool Beta looks promising. Only played with Brightness and Contrast Sliders with the Pimax Logo but changes to the logo are noticeable. :+1:

Mine is starting to crack in the exact same spot as yours… 2-3 cm long…, nothing on the front yet… HMD barely used :frowning: My guess the area is to weak to withstand the forces applied when adjusting the headstrap\mounting the HMD. I have not opened a SUPEN on this yet as it has no other issues, what a shame…

My brothers 5K+ which he’s letting me use while I wait for my XR as he knows I’m a VR NUT has developed cracks in all four edges, with a small piece falling out of one of them, in 3 weeks of very careful use…
Now I’m going to have to tell him and help him RMA it whats going on Pimax seems this problem is everywhere he was a very late backer in the 6000’s are we all getting replacement covers???

@anon84525399, @mozi, @PimaxVR, @Pimax-Support, @PimaxUSA

apparently is a very small percentage :roll_eyes:

As much as I would like to believe that. Unfortunately I think were past that as some pre orders are reporting in as well. :nerd_face:

Yeah I am not planning on sending mine back until we are certain the problem is solved . The cracks don’t affect the performance of the headset so I am not in any hurry .

I can report that I found a crack on my headset today. I’ve had the headset for 2 months now so it wasn’t one of the newer headsets. Guess it was finally time for it to crack. So yet another headset cracking.

The crack is on the front panel as well. It is in the bottom corner on the side that does not have the audio jack.

For me the same pre-orderer: p1103 After 2 weeks… It’s something like that. :disappointed_relieved::sob:

Pimax… Help plz @mozi

After reading the above, I’ve recalled my HMD and asked the courier to return it back to me for two reasons:
1- Cannot afford to stay 2-3 weeks without HMD (Project development)
2- Confidence levels low in terms of issue re-occurrence -Some backers have reported that the replacement HMD still have issues.

pimax seem to have two methods of supporting this issue:

1. claim this is your fault cos they haven’t seen a crack like that before
  2. offer some imaginary $100 coupon to “accept” the cracks

but take comfort that this is only a very small number, an isolated case.
even tho it has been happening since the fist backer shipments (cough)