I read from some post of @Douglaster
I try to change the default image when the headset start.
- You need to quit PiTool and shut down the HMD.
- Open PiTool and turn on the HMD.
Then the image will be changed.
But his image is always blurry for me when the line has much brightness and there are a lot of line.
So I try to make only 3 lines and it still not work, so I create only one line only.
Step of IPD adjust.
- If you use the Pitool IPD setting, you click on IPD Offset on PiTool and then use keyboard. Try to press left and right arrow at minimum and maximum IPD, then you will see that the line is divide to be 2 lines, after that you move slower when the line stay at the center and stop when it become 1 line. You need to move left and right a lot of time to make your brain remember the last image and then you can find the real center.
- If you are focusing on the center of image, try to look at the bottom instead and you will see that the line will be curve line and have space between 2 lines, so make it to be 1 line.
- You can look at other position, try to look at number 10 or 11, when your left eye look at the 10, you will see some glow around the number because the inner edge of the left lens. But if you use your right eye to look the number 10, you will see normal number. Then make the left 10 (glow) to overlap with right 10.
I can use this step to calibrate both of software, hardware.
The different between software and hardware is
- When I use the hardware IPD, I think the the position of lens at low fov not make the different result, only black ring at the center may be different when you look at the closed object. When I adjust the lenses from 59-67 the results are same (my IPD is 66) . But if you move the lenses at fov which more than your fov, you will see that the image not correct.
p.s. I suggest that you should measure your IPD and measure the distance between center of the lense and use that distance (the distance between center of both lenses may not be the same value which be show on HMD).
p.s. 2 Before adjust by hardware, set the IPD in Pitool to be 0 before.
- When I use the software IPD, when you use too less or too much IPD value, you can see that the image will not have correct overlapping by the both direction.
Note : When I try to change default image without quit Pitool and shut down HMD, I found that the bg become white sometimes or it show image only one display (left or right), or display is black or cache the old image.