yesterday I’ve received my Pimax 5k+ Headset and sadly I have an Issue with it.
- If I use the Pimax 5k+ with 90Hz, independent of all other settings in PiTool or SteamVR, I see tearing.
- It’s always in the middle of the screen and while the upper half is stable the lower half is misaligned by 1px (with Small FOV) up to 4-5px (with Large FOV)
- Additionally, the lower half is changing the number of pixels its misaligned to the upper half. It’s jittering/jumping all the time.
- Update #1: It’s ONLY on the left Display! on the right Display I have no tearing.
- Update #2 It’s ONLY happening with my Nvidia GeForce 2080 Ti, on my a 1080 (non-Ti) no tearing appear.
- Update #3 Other people confirm that they have the same issue, with different GPUs.
captured with a Canon EOS 77D.
- Just start any SteamVR Game or Software with Large FOV and 90Hz
What I tried - but didn’t work:
- Changing every possible setting in Pitool (except Refresh Rate)
- Changing every possible setting in SteamVR
- Turning G-Sync on/off for my Monitor.
- Setting my monitors Hz from 100hz to 60hz.
- Trying out every other possible Display Port (and combinations)
- Trying out every other USB Port
What I tried - and worked:
- By reducing the Refresh Rate from 90hz to e.g. 72hz no tearing is visible at all anymore, indifferent which FOV is being used or other settings are made.
What I’d like to have:
- Stable Picture also with 90Hz/Large Fov.
- No, I am not using any kind of extension cables
- I only have one additional Display Port Component on the GPU, which is my Monitor.
- I am using a 2080 Ti, it’s overclocked by the manufacturer and I didn’t change any clocks.
- I am using the latest NVidia Graphics driver: 430.86
- OS: Windows 10 x64 Prof.
- PiTool: V22.214.171.124
- Headset Firmware: V126.96.36.199