The issue seemed to have been a DOA Cable, the replacement unit’s cable worked fine on the original unit.
So I’ve been trying to get this working the past 3-4 hours.Tried numerous things, yet still have not gotten it to work:
Or specifically, the screen it self.
Everything else was green across the board.
- Vive Controllers Paired Successfully
- Steam VR detects everything as Pimax devices (even if the light houses are from my Vive)
- Everything was tracking, including the headset, shown in mirror mode
- Headset was detected in PiTool and PiPlay
- Headset Firmware was successfully updated
Running on a i7-7700k, 1080 GTX, Pimax connected to a USB3.1 slot, MSI Z270i Gaming pro Carbon AC
other details would be unnecessary.
The following I have tried From a Clean Install:, with rebooting
- Swapping Display Ports on the GPU
- Swapping USB Slots from 3.1-3.0-2.0
- Removing one or the other monitor from use (shouldnt need to be done)
- HMD Cable was reseated
What worries me is that tried to see if screen turns on at all (!!!) on bootup. Would expect the backlight (as an LCD) to turn on when the device is powered, but it does not.
- Swapping Display modes in PiPlay,
This however failed to do anything, and after this was attempted, the usb device begun to be “Unrecongnize” (sp) accoriding to PiPlay. Since then the device display hasnt been properly recognized by either piplay or pitool, giving me a 20300.
Tried to also reflash the firmware with the latest, but that didnt seem to do a factory reset to this mode, (even though id expect it to do something)