KS #407 Pimax 8K arrived

Very surprised and relieved as an 8K-X backer to have gotten my loaner 8K headset on Thursday (been in bed with virus so had no idea it had arrived and just walked past a big box saying Pimax on it, and thought, huh?!). Also, I received no shipping email or tracking, it just arrived. Maybe Santa Claus is using eurotunnel…

Firstly, thank you to Pimax for sending if to me all the way to the UK and to everyone else on the forum for being so interesting to talk with and also supportive and intelligent. I appreciate all your help.

I can’t use it yet as still building my PC but once I get the PC up and running I’ll gladly do some testing for you guys (If you can tell me how) as I’ve got a Vega 64 with EK waterblock and 2x 360mm radiators.

I bought VRMark benchmark on Steam so that might be helpful to others with mt GPU? If affordable, please tell me other benchmarks I can use that will be helpful but be aware I know nothing about VR or how to set it up, tweak it etc, as I’m only used to Gear VR.

Cheers guys and I hope you get your headsets soon. P.S I don’t know how to edit that backer sheet we have on this forum, so if someone could edit it, to show I received my headset, I’d be grateful, thank you.

15 Likes

It says Pimax 8K model P2 on the cardboard shipping box of that means anything? Probably not.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’ll gladly take it for a test spin for you lol . Interesting that you dident get charged import tax . Hope that’s the same with me

1 Like

Added, thanks! Do you remember when you got your email “Choice”?

I hope that you feel better soon!

1 Like

LOL, that’s some bad timing man :wink:

4 Likes

@Navi_8K do you have basestations and controllers ?
I have an odyssey and so am lacking ones I could use, but on the other hand there are a lot of PiMax’es ahead of me. What are you using? (

1 Like

342 UK
407 UK
441 Hungary
Already get

I am 353 Still wait internal tracking.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you have been ill. Congrats on receiving the headset.

3 Likes

For more benchmark.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/SteamVR_Performance_Test/

For check framerate and drop frame.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/908520/fpsVR/

1 Like

The situation might not be as bad as it seems. Several backers received their headsets BEFORE the tracking number was emailed to them. That means that it’s at least possible that you might get your headset tomorrow.

2 Likes

Crazy how you have not gotten yours yet. You are by far one of their easiest(thailand). If anything yours is being sent to the US warehouse as we have yet to hear from any US backers from the 3rd batch getting tracking numbers.

Thanks will try these ASAP once the PC is assembled.

1 Like

No, I’m new to VR so don’t have base stations but maybe will in 6 months as I’ve pledged for the ‘full package’.

3 Likes

VR without room scale is interesting. Movement by giro is fine and it also simulates neck movement usually which makes it really feel like a tracked headset. The Pimax 4K has no tracking either. It just makes navigating menus a pain in the ass with no controllers. So try to find out which games don’t use controllers or get the Driver4VR software and emulate something because while non-room scale games are great too, going without controllers is seriously lacking ease of use

1 Like

Thanks, been in bed for 2.5 weeks with Viral Labrythitis (Vertigo) so have been unable to make progress. Once I stand up and especially walk It puts you back in bed again with acute exacerbation of balance loss and headache where you have to lay motionless including not moving your head. Sleep is almost impossible and lack of sleep makes it worse.

1 Like

Just found a new email with the tracking details, so for full accuracy I was sent one by Pimax, but 3 days after it was delivered.

6 Likes

Good to see that people are getting their headsets more quickly. Honestly the main thing they need to work on is getting the tracking numbers out before they are delivered. It cracked me up when I saw that i got a email from them an hour after I had already picked the headset up from UPS.

2 Likes

Backer #342 here, yes they sent me the HMD, but a faulty one, probably a return from @spamenigma. So they can delay my HMD a little longer. Take them 3 days to answer my ticket with a question “Did you try it on different PC and update the latest GPU driver?”. FFS, will that make any different on a back light bleed unit??

1 Like

Did you try turning it on and off again lol

2 Likes