Dear Pimax community,
here is my pure and unfiltered opinion about how Pimax deals with backers regarding the Pimax 8K and 5K Plus decision:
It is worth it to watch. But if you are not into watching it, here a summary:
- Pimax communication is terrible
- tough decision for backers between 8K or 5K Plus
- some people just joined the Kickstarter for two 4k screens without SDE - now feel forced to change to 5K Plus because it just seems to be the overall better headset
- all information that backers have come from 3 YouTubers - Why not from Pimax???
- it is not Youtubers’ job to communicate the differences, it is Pimax’ job to let ppl know ALL the details about the headsets
- Pimax should tell backers about exact panel sizes of all headsets (8k, 5k, 5k Plus)
- Pimax should tell backers about panel technology of all headsets
- Pimax should tell backers in a detailed manner if the 8K will get better at one point with more GPU power or not (and not just bs, the real deal)
- I tried hard to get information out of them, but would only get bs answers
- Pimax needs to be more transparent and stop with bs
- Backers deserve and demand more information for this decision
- Pimax has great devices but still have a big chance to fail miserably if they don’t up their communication game NOW
- why do they let the YouTubers do the work, THEY must do it instead
- Pimax should not put backers into this bad situation, they went through enough (waiting time, broken promises (1070), etc)
- right thing to do would be: allow all 8K backers to upgrade to Pimax 8K X for free
- send them 8K or 5K Plus first, then once 8K X is on the market, allow them to exchange devices if they still want
- for current 8K X backers, give them an additional accessory coupon to make up for the difference they paid over the 8K.
Would be glad to get your opinion about all of that.