Need help with pimax 4k performance

issue

Hello I am currently using a pimax 4k to watch vidoes and the fps is horrible around 20 fps. I have a gtx 1080 card. Not ti but just 1080. Along with 16 gb ram and a ryzen cpu.

I have steamvr and pitools installed. And am using simplevrplayer to play the videos. I have klite codec pack installed and do not use any supersaming.

The weird thing is, it used to work fine before with my current setup which i have been using to watch videos with pimax 4k and o+ for a while now. But all of a sudden watching videos has become especially laggy. Especially on the pimax. The o+ is still having acceptable fps.

I am getting a 5k+ and am worried if my setup will be able to take it.

Any idea what could have suddenly caused the performance to drop?

Dont know what it was, but a simple restart solved the issue. You guys can close this up. Sorry for the duplicate thread. Thanks for your help.

Please be aware if you are suddenly experiencing this problem in a win10 environment then you need to see what automated system processes are running. I.e. Is your machine running windows update? Is your Antivirus app downloading updates? Or running a scan? Is your email open and syncing in the background.

The windows updates downloading would be my 1st guess, as they will download whenever there are some available.

Glad it’s sorted for you though…

Eno