New Piplay 3.0.0.85

Are we able to have some through the lens of this new pimax 4k pro?

Would be good for comparison on the 4k 100xxx s/n

Also are all of the hardware components the same… Have you integrated a mic in this new version please?

Eno

@Pimax-Support @xunshu

I have noticed 1 more issue with the latest pimax drivers

The default audio device seems to be switching to the Pimax Speakers even if the default speakers in the control panel are set to my Logitech Headset. I have checked the piplay settings in the new UI and the default audio device being Pimax is NOT selected?

So basically the control panel ‘sound settings’ and the piplay setting the audio device are not pointing to the pimax speakers, but on reboot of pc, the sound settings bottom right in my task bar has switched to Pimax speakers.

I need to manually change the sound device in the task manager to my correct default audio device before starting any game.

Thanks

Eno

You’d think they would put the new CLPL 4K screens in there wouldn’t you? They could be selling thousands of these things. It’s crazy

Right? Lol i Mean, they dont even need to use new 4k displays.

They already have the 1440p OLED on the business edition. Slap two of those in an HMD with an FOV of 110 degrees, (basically what the 5k is) but with OLED and a lower FOV, with the steam compatability and tracking, and the HMD would rule.

@Enopho most of people would like change to pimax device as default when they put on the helmet.
If you do not want to do like this, you could:

1. change the sound device in the task manager manually
  2. or you could uncheck the box as below, then piplay will not change any setting on audio device.

360 tracking support?

I don’t know, but we can find such a tracking system in the early products of 3Glasses S1. It is called 3Wand and is known to be able to track 180 degrees through a sensor with two built-in cameras on the front.

Another one, HTC Link

@PM_Sean

Hi again, if you look at my post i mentioned that the piplay setting had not selected the pimax speakers as default and my control panel sound options was set to my logitech headset… but still audio in my task bar was set to pimax? this is a bug in that installer. I have since restarted 2 or 3 times and it sorted itself out. I am merely providing feedback on your installer and usage of these drivers. [quote=“Enopho, post:22, topic:7728”]
The default audio device seems to be switching to the Pimax Speakers even if the default speakers in the control panel are set to my Logitech Headset. I have checked the piplay settings in the new UI and the default audio device being Pimax is NOT selected?
[/quote]

I am getting the following error after updating to 3.0.0.85

OpenSSL: FATAL
OPENSSL_Uplink(00007FFB45DD4000,08): no OPENSSL_Applink

@Community @Pimax-Support

@FlynnUOGM That is an error i would not expect to see as it related the OPENSSL in relation to either DLL’s (dynamic link librarys) or VC LIB’s. It is a compiler error, and as such is not a standard user error you would see?

This is going to be one for @Pimax-Support to look at im afraid, however as much info on your PC spec and driver versions would be appreciated for them to investigate.

Piplay version (last one and current - if it finished installing properly)
Firmware Version

Windows ver
Memory
GPU
GPU Drivers
CPU
Antivirus
etc

also please tell us the upgrade path for piplay that you did, was it smooth? were there any errors?

This will help support to analyse the issue for you.

Thanks

Eno

@FlynnUOGM
This is known issue, but only happen oversea, we could not reproduce locally.
Please help describe the steps what you have met,tks.

I got this error when updating to 3.0.0.85.

My “fix” was:

1. Uninstall 3.0.0.85 using windows 10 “uninstall a program”
  2. Reload version 2.0.0.54 (using the .exe file I downloaded when it was first made available).
  3. Update in PiPlay to version 3.0.0.71
  4. DID NOT update to 3.0.0.85 which seems to have caused the error, and is the latest version shown at time of writing.

Version 3.0.0.71 now seems to be working well with Firmware 1.0.0.265

Hope that helps.

Hi,
This is were I find you wrong, my opinion.
When using a windows installatoin the region is not important but the libraries installed in it.
I learnt long ago that if I want to test installation or a new program, just before distribution, I should test it in a clean windows environment.

My suggestion is to install a new windows OS on a VM macine, then back it up or take a snapshot and only then test your application in it. That way you can find any missing dlls that you are taking for granted on other used machines.

Once you fix the issues you can rollback your vm to its “clean” state and start all over.

My 2 cents.
Cheers

You do know that pm_sean is pimax’s product manager?

Just thought you should know.

I don’t care if he is the president :yum:,
sometimes professionals take things for granted see ocolus certification issue.
This error, if you search the Internet, points to missing library or certification issue.

The other thing that bothered me was the comment:

This is known issue, but only happen oversea, we could not reproduce locally

Doesn’t make sense when you think of Windows as the OS, there should be no distinction between Local and Overseas Windows OS. Therefore a vanilla installation is probably best for this test task.
I found it very helpful to better understand issues I encountered with one of my projects. This is much better option than installing a machine on “western” region :joy:

Cheers

Other than the fact they will have the chinese version of windows and their piplay software will be coded in chinese with an english translation for the UI. but other than that… i suppose they are both using Windows??

Snagar.

Your suggestion of a virtual install is a good idea. @Enopho does have a valid point as well. But he has a deep understanding of windows as a MS Desktop engineer(correct title? Eno) and a vanilla install might not help unless they do a USA install of the OS.

For example early versions of the firmware update tool from pimax had issues on English install of Windows. This was due to english side having difficulty with chinese letters in the filenames if I remember correctly.

So it isn’t always as simple as we might presume.

A user here once had a failing. Razer keyboard causing the headset not to work & was by his luck he figure this out. Not something easy to debug as the keyboard worked fine.

@Enopho

If I understand correctly, they should install Windows using English language to mimic “western” machine (there are many other languages, but lets assume English for simplicity). What interest me, is that the issue might be in the certification (OpenSSL ?) realm, so I’m not sure language is the culprit, but again, I’m not sure either.

In any case, installing a vanilla windows based English language, might be the closest thing to what the user is having (if he is using English in his system).

Well, I just hope they will find and fix the issue.

Cheers

I don’t think it’s a matter of vanilla English installation, it’s just not possible to test every single configuration or software setup, not even considering any complications during installations. using vm is a good idea assuming the virtual environment is able to utilize a dedicated GPU, as it will be needed for the hmd to be usable, in theory vm farms would of been the best option but not if you can’t run the GPU in that environment. I know that this is a major issue and is why Noone uses vm’s for games.

Regarding the certificate on an installation version… I’m sure if the cert was wrong or expired, everyone who had that version would be shouting about it… It’s why I posted its rare to see, and that pm_sean has seen it in international versions but can’t replicate.

But thank you for your ideas, there are are no silly suggestions and we really do appreciate your input.

Eno

That’s a good point. Not sure with vm on windows or Nvidia. But hsve read in linux i think virtualbox you can give direct Amd gpu native acs. But 2 very different OS environments.