New Pitool 1.0.1.197 (beta) is available now

@Doman.Chen/@Matthew.Xu: Please keep the alpha/beta releases coming… :wink: Plenty of people willing to test for You… :+1:

2 Likes

Still got stuttering issues. Now I cant go back to 144 as it seems to be stuck at 120hz. I assune that 144 isnt compatable with the new firmware?
Can I roll back the firmware?

I’m interested too. 144 is the version I need to run Beat Saber with Vive Trackers as swords. Is a Beat Saber problem, but with 144 I can mimic the controllers at 100% (due to 144 bug I guess, but who care? A bug that works is a feature… )

1 Like

Steamvr says hmd disconnected after uninstalling the pitool that was taken down. Anyone else?

wait so 120hz works on normal?

Does for me although a few games like for example nature treks don’t like the 120hx normal fov mode much and i get double vision at times
Exit steam vr before applying normal fov

1 Like

!!! >_> It never mentioned it working at 120hz in normal. Crazy stuff.

Not the usual 140 degree normal mode but a 120Hz, 112 degree normal mode (large is 132 degrees in 120Hz):

Seems like a glitch to me, but it’s “real” as that’s what is presented to SteamVR.

1 Like

Yes 120 hz in normal fov is the best one , same view as small at 90hz

2 Likes

yes you can rollback the firmware. I did it twice. sweviver covered it in this video:

3 Likes

Updated with no issues, works fine. Didn’t liked small fov, didnt noticed fps difference, keep playing & 90hzlarge fov.
P.s and yes, its abnormal dark

1 Like

Exactly I don’t understand why they didn’t just make it work with the backlight settings. It’s way too dark and makes my eyes stran when I use the headset in 120hz

This may be too dark simply because of 120 Hz refresh. The backlighting is simply not strong enough to get out enough light.

3 Likes

@Doman.Chen/@Alan.sun / @Sean.Huang: is the low/dim backlight in 120Hz mode a bug or a consequence of the higher refresh rate?

In other words, can we expect the same brightness as on other refresh rates in an updated PiTool?

3 Likes

I think they just forgot to turn it on honestly. It should be able to run at the same lighting.

oh i thought small at 120 looked smaller than normal

I’m getting the same ‘jumping’ and stuttering glitches as in version 180 so anyone else on 144 that doesn’t want a stutter mess, don’t do it.

4 Likes

Two minds… Wrote it while You did too… :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the case because the other day when I downgraded my pitool after updating the firmware I managed to get the 120hz mode to work with backlight brightness settings. But as soon as I changed the pitool settings the image got distorted

2 Likes

I think I may just write a support ticket and ask them myself. They are pretty good at responding to support questions.

1 Like