NVIDIA RTX TITAN available later this month

NVIDIA TITAN RTX press note

• 576 multi-precision Turing Tensor Cores, providing up to 130 teraflops of deep learning performance.

• 72 Turing RT Cores, delivering up to 11 GigaRays per second of real-time ray-tracing performance.

• 24GB of high-speed GDDR6 memory with 672GB/s of bandwidth — 2x the memory of previous-generation TITAN GPUs — to fit larger models and datasets.

• 100GB/s NVIDIA NVLink® can pair two TITAN RTX GPUs to scale memory and compute.

• Incredible performance and memory bandwidth for real-time 8K video editing.

• VirtualLink™ port provides the performance and connectivity required by next-gen VR headsets.

• TITAN RTX will be available later this month in the U.S. and Europe for $2,499.

NVIDIA Reveals the Titan of Turing: TITAN RTX

New NVIDIA Research Creates Interactive Worlds with AI

RTX Titan incoming?

100% price increase for ~5% performance increase (based on increased number of CUDA cores)? I’ll pass.

Edit: relative to 2080 Ti.

max OC’d under water roughly 40% performance increase over a max OC’d 1080ti under water for 3-4 times the price ?? HARD PASS !

I predict roughly near 10% increase under max-OC-on-water conditions but yes, you’re argument is just as valid there :slight_smile: Hard pass !

@SweViver start a gofundme and get this to test with the pimax :joy::joy:

Is anyone considering buying this on the real though?

I’ll pass too. What’s nVidia thinking?

The only way I’d pay that kind of money if there’s a huge performance gap with the 2080TI, like at least 60%. But I’m pretty sure it will be closer to 20-30% (maybe even less) in which case I’ll definitely pass.

It seems NVIDIA is mainly targeting AI with this card anyway.

this whole rtx line is BS. If you look at the performance of the cards and lool at history of past generations.

rtx2080 = 2070
rtx2080ti = 2080
rtxTitan = 2080Ti

if this was a normal generation the prices would also match what you would expect a 2070 to cost.

so in other words the 2080 should be called 2070 at 1070 prices. This way you would be getting Ti level performance at 70 level $$

Completely agree with @drowhunter, but 2080s and 2080 Tis seem to be selling too well for the market to pressure Nvidia to offer reasonably priced cards…

Would love to skip this generation but Pimax is forcing our hands.

I’m hoping that AMD’s 7nm Navi will come out soon and provide a sensible alternative (and drive down the prices). But… I’m betting they’ll match a 1080 Ti performance at best, so I’ll probably be disappointed.