I said October and this was official pimax announcement in May KS update:
“Lighthouses We plan to ship the lighthouses in Oct.”
And here is the earlier official pimax statement from Nov 2017 showing Pimax was initially planning base stations deliveries should begin by April 2018:
So official pimax statements for base stations deliveries already went from Jan 2018 to April 2018, then to October 2018, and now there is just a total blackout in pimax communication about what is happening behind the scene concerning those base stations deliveries from their supplier…
My opinion is this blackout is not a professionnal behaviour from pimax. They know many backers heavily count on those base stations from their pledge to use their pimax HMD at normal expected potential/functionnalities (= 6DOF, and not downgraded to 3DOF which I personnaly don’t even call true VR).
So it is a big problem to let those backers in the dark regarding whether or not they will be stuck for monthes and monthes with a downgraded 3DOF pimax HMD.
I could also remind pimax has already opened pre-orders for which people certainly also expect they will receive their HMD with base stations and not a HMD alone with base stations coming monthes later.
Again pimax is making promises without having securing them. They open pre-orders for HMD with base stations while they still can’t even tell backers when they will receive base stations from their pledge, despite they should have placed the order for those kickstarter base stations a long time ago as KS ended a full year from now.
So I’m asking pimax real transparency about the current status concerning their discussions with the base stations supplier. Unofficial guesses for delivery date won’t help, pimax is the one discussing with the supplier and only pimax can give us official informations about this.
Personnaly I’m asking for official pimax concrete update about their discussions with the base station supplier because I don’t want to be let in the complete dark like now. If I was to be forced to find by myslef a used v1 BS to be able to use my HMD with 6FOD until pimax finally manage to send v2 BS from my pledge I would like to know this asap and not at the last minute when my HMD is shipped.
After those BS have already been delayed so many times I think I (we) deserve real transparency about what is going on with the supplier.