Pimax 4K + gtx 1060 (6gb) help

Hello all, hope you’re all well.

I’m really hoping someone can help me out, I purchased a pimax and after some tinkering it’s working with virtual desktop… the issue I’m having is no matter what I do there’s always a blur around the corners of the screen for me.

Launching games doesn’t change anything, I’ve tried playing Dying Light and the camera just feels very slow to me with the headset on… using virtual desktops injector isn’t the best method for launching games I’m guessing?

I’ve changed the render quality in the pimax app to around 1.75 which hasn’t fixed the problem.

Is there anyone with a gtx 1060 and if so what settings are you using to get a crisp image?

I do require glasses to view things far away but I don’t think this is the issue because it’s only the corners of my vision that has blur.

Many thanks!

I have/had the same problem. I have gtx 1060 and I require glasses for a far view. I just received custom-made lenses for my Pimax. They remove the need for glasses and they should remove the blurry edges. Haven’t tested them out yet. I’ll test them tomorrow and report back.

If you’re interested in these lenses, here’s a link to a finnish webstore:
https://www.planet-estelle.com/product/16656629

Ahh that’s awesome, so these are prescription lenses?

Please let me know if these work and I’ll pick up a pair.

Any advice on the “best” settings to use with the card in piplay and steam?

Okay, I tested them. Pretty good I would say. They remove the blurriness a little bit, but not as much as I would have hoped. I’m still happy with my order because it was a pain in the ass to use my own glasses with the Pimax 4K.

I also have those Planet-E custom lenses in use and I noticed that edges are less blurry if I remove the lens from the frame and flip the lens around. Sharp FOV seems so much bigger that I am keeping mine the wrong way.

I removed the lens by gently pushing from one sharp corner to outside, flipped the lens and pushed the lens back from inside.