Pimax 4K - I can not connect my Pimax via HDMI

Please HELP!
I can not connect my Pimax via HDMI.

That integrated graphics is disable
I got use the Geforce GTX 1050Ti
I have inserted the HDMI cable of Pimax in the Geforce HDMI slott.
The monitor is in th eGeforce DVI slott.
I use Windows 10
I Use PiPlay version 2.0.7.54
I updated the Geforce sowftware
I reinstall more times PiPlay and Steam
I install PiPlay with disable anitivirus sw
In Task Manager - Services that PiServiceLauncher is runnin

I try all that I read in this forum.

I hope somebody can help me!

Hdmi & Dvi share gpu lanes.

I would recommend using a DP for your monitor. If needed you can get a DP2DVI or DP2HDMI adapter for your monitor.

@Heliosurge Thank you for the answer.
I connect the monitor via DP2HDMI into the DP port with the Geforce slot.
The Pimax is via HDMI connect with the HDMI Geforce slot.

The problem is not solve. Pimax is disconnected to the pc. Same issue. :frowning:

Is there other posibility to fix this issue?

@Pimax-Support

DVI IS JUST Fine if you are using multiple monitors and even providing a signal to your main or center monitorā€¦ What does this have to do with making the Pimax work?

Chas

DVI & Hdmi share paths. DP doesnā€™t create conflicts with Hdmi/dvi

Good for multimonitor setups not vr headsets. Why reccommended to have headset on native hdmi & monitors connected by dp (even vis adapter if monitor has no dp)

Added support to your post. They may needvto setup a Skype with teamview session.

I have a GTX1080, with three monitors and I am connecting the left to the DVI, the main/center monitor to a DP, and a third/
Right, to a DP to HDMI adapter. I works perfectly fine With no conflicts between each other. My Primax is connected to the only HDMI port on my GTX 1080.

Regarding contacting via an inclusion of @Pimax-Support For a Teamviewer/Skype callā€¦Would they REALLY DO THAT?

Chas

I try the same like you, but it dont work.

I conatct the @Pimax-Support via Skype but no answer.

If the @Pimax-Support will not answer me in the next 2 Days, I will send the Pimax 4K back.
Maybe it is a hardware issue.

@Enopho you csn likely explain why dp better for multimonitor +pimax.

Dp doesnā€™t conflict with hdmi but dvi can conflict.

HDMI has always been intended for External connection to HDTVā€™s where as a Display Port is a interface for connecting flat panel display on computer systems.

a DP (Display port) was predominantly designed for modern flat panel displays and chipsets. DP has a micro-packet architecture with low voltage signal that work better with networked displays. it also allows daisy chaining of multiple displays with full graphics performance without utilising any GPU channelsā€¦ this includes 3d and content protection.

where as HDMI is based on legacy CRT raster-scan architecture and will use a single channel of the GPU. it is able to transmit audio and data so is ideal for HDTVā€™s.

DVI is similar in architecture to HDMI except it cannot transmit audio, but is still able to support 120hz at 1080p.

newer gaming monitors are usually offering DVI, HDMI and DP as a input. usually the HDMI connection is there only if the monitor has speakers to utilise the audio path on HDMI cables.

hope this helps.

Eno

Just bare in mind if your like me Est (5:48pm) it is only something like 5:48am in China.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, please contact our mailbox:support@pimaxvr.com
We are willing to help you.:slight_smile:

@crissmusic would you please directly insert HDMI cable to display card HDMI portļ¼Œ do not use interface adapter, but the monitor could use it.

So how did this end turning out? Iā€™m experiencing the exact same problem, I have a 4k monitor connected through DP to a 1080Ti, and canā€™t get the PiMax to connect using either of the three HDMI ports the gfx card has. Tried using V1, V2 and V3 and PiPlay with no luck :disappointed:

I already mailed support hoping they could advice me.

Can you post your system config?

If your using an intel processor, ensure the igpu disabled.

Hi Heliosurge,

The iGPU is disabled in the BIOS. This is from Dr.Pi computer check:

[4/18/2018 7:08:05 PM]Windows 10 64bit
[4/18/2018 7:08:05 PM]16GB
[4/18/2018 7:08:05 PM]IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
[4/18/2018 7:08:05 PM]NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
[4/18/2018 7:08:05 PM]USB3.0

And this is what PiLogger shows when selecting ā€œDevice Infoā€:

##############################################################
Equipment information
Connection information

Connection statusļ¼šDevice_Connecting
Current modeļ¼šPVR_EXTEND
Current system support modeļ¼šPVR_DIRECT PVR_EXTEND
Device serial numberļ¼š1006116450087547DF
Firmware Versionļ¼š1.0.0.265
Firmware statusļ¼š0
Tone informationļ¼šWarm
Gyro stateļ¼šOpen
Brightness informationļ¼šLEVEL_HIGH_1
Blue light informationļ¼šOpen
Back light informationļ¼šforced
USB information

č®¾å¤‡IDļ¼šUSB\VID_0483&PID_0021\10061164500875
č®¾å¤‡IDļ¼šHID\VID_0483&PID_0021\6&18F1456&0&0000
HDMI information

Nice very detailed post! I am not sure if they have fixed the mail aerver some users recently reported an issue.

From what I can see it should be working. While waiting on Support maybe try the folliwing:

• Try a usb 2.0 port as some usb 3.0 chipsets have been known to cause vr headsets issues.

• Disconnect unneeded Usb devices aa one might be causing a conflict. Recently a user discovered his old gaming keyboard had started to fail causing connectivity issues. Test.

• Disconnect from the Internet. Disable Antivirus & reinstall piplay as Admin (there should be Java & dx installed during installation. Enable Antivirus & reboot & test.

• Hdmi 1 is probably best on your Gpu.

The folks below are a couple of Pimax Team members:
@Pimax-Support @PM_Sean @Doman

I am in Canada its presently 8:43pm. It is 8:43am support should be on in the couple of hours if not in the office

In the meantime if one of the following community members might be able to assist having Nvidia cards.
@sjefdeklerk @jonnypanic @CMM @lukeb

There is more users who might be on & see your post with Nvidia cards.

@Enopho has an Aorus 1080 ti however he is on vacation.

I have bumped your user level up 1 level.

Try having only the Pimax connected and see if you can at least see to the logon screen/desktop inside the HMD,

So just in case this might help somebody else in the future, my problem had to do with the pci-e bus the gfx card was connected to, I moved it to another and the Pimax got detected through HDMI. Than you both for your time & willingness to help. Kind regards.

Your welcome. Thank you for sharing your solution. I hadnā€™t considered pci-x slot being an issue.

So just to confirm your gpu was not plugged into the first x16 slot nearest the cpu?