I recently got my new Pimax 4k & couldn’t wait to fly in VR. Connected everything up and installed all the recommended Pimax softwares but my pc rig just wouldn’t ‘see’ the Pimax hardware. my rig basically consists of Gtx960 4gb GPU; AMD8350 cpu: Gigabyte 990 MB After hours of Nvidia driver updates, roll-backs, & other efforts I eventually found a trick that worked every time…for me at least. To cut the story short this is my ‘fix’.
- Download Nvidia Control Panel software
- leave your primary monitor or tv connected to the pc via vga cable
- disconnect the Pimax HDMI cable and usb lead from your pc.
- get hold of a second monitor or tv with a HDMI port.
- connect 2nd monitor to pc via HDMI to HDMI cable & turn on
- open Nvidia Control Panel & you should find that the 2nd monitor has been recognised
- disconnect the 2nd tv from the pc & reconnect the Pimax headset
- close Nvidia Control Panel and reopen it again
You should find that the Pimax headset is now recognised & you can continue with the set up process.
I don’t know if this works with other Graphics card such as AMD or Intel, but worth a try if you’re having same issue that I had with mine. Even doing same config process in Windows Display Settings and configuring ‘Extended Monitors’ is worth trying.
I’m not pc guru by any means & I’m a newbie to this forum so I apologise if anyone has already posted any similar ‘fix’ previously. I just find this forum to have like minded folk who are willing to share experiences with the Pimax. So I thought I’d contribute my tuppence worth & hope someone finds it helps to get their VR up & running.
If you feel the info is rubbish or crap, then accept my apologies, and please be gentle with any comments…