Pimax 5k+ received! Setup experience (Spamenigma)

84 i can say now that I found my issue is good on both headsets.

give mirrors edge a go in VorpX, can you tell me that widescreen is the prefered aspect ratio now (the game didn’t support a narrow aspect ratio anyway as it letterboxed it), can you check that you have to change the ini file from 120 to 180.

Without having to trawl through 362 replies (I gave up after a few) can we have your opinions of the 5K+ itself? With respect at this moment I don’t care that much at the moment about the setup process but I’m sure it’ll come in handy when I receive mine in twelve years time :slight_smile:

I will do an opinion/mini review write up from my perspective. More time needed to play yet :slight_smile:

SDFFR has the best black levels ever!

I have just tested playing rocket league in VR. First was using built-in steam.theatre, then vorpx and finally big screen. I didn’t adjust any settings in rocket league so everything still pretty much highest. I set PiTool to ‘small’ FOV and SteamVR to 40%.

All 3 scenarios were totally playable, but vorpx made rocket league in 3D! so I actually played a match… we lost btw… :wink: but its playable in all 3 setups including in 3D!

I’ve no idea yet if I’m just being fooled by this game but colours and brightness look a bit better today (made a seperate post to check with others if .90 has changed anything or if its just me).

Had FPS jumping around a bit, 60-90fps, so I need more tuning and probably turn some game settings down. But I actually feel like gaming even in 2D on a big screen in VR is a much nicer experience that it has been in the past.

Introducing the Pimax 0K, now covering the full FOV of human sight. It has the deepest blacks and is light/comfortable enough to use as a sleep aid.

Need your advice on a 2080 model (and got scam'd)

So… after over a week of chasing pimax about the backlight leak fault. I eventually received an email yesterday aplogising for the delay and arranged for support to contact me. Today I’ve been told to send the HMD back to a UK address and once done they will send a new one.

I then asked for timescales, as obviously I wouldn’t want to just return and then wait for weeks for a replacement. And I’m also on holiday for a couple of weeks from next week, so knowing the timing of this is useful!

I’ve been sent another email suggesting it will be 7-10 days and I can continue to use mine for now and return when new one arrives. Will see how that goes!

That’s pretty fair I’d say. Let’s hope new one is perfect, as they all should be.

Please take note of the serial number so that we know if some other poor backer gets the same one in future.

Is anyone using 2.0 lighthouses? My HMD will only track with 1.0 lighthouses.

Which headset did you receive?

A 5K+, no issues at all with 1.0 lighthouses.