Pimax 5k+ turns black every few seconds and white pixel flickering

issue

Hi,

I have issues with my 5k+. The screen has white flickering pixels all over the place and the screen turns black every few seconds for a short amount of time. It happens in every application.

Example video:

I tried different USB ports even on an pci usb card, different display ports on the gpu, Removing and reattaching the cable on the headset. I tried a universal power cord but it didn’t really work headset will stay 90% black with it. (specs and connector is correct).

Flashing Dots, faulty cable?

Turn off PiHome it’s currently just wastes resources.

Please post your system specs.

@Dallas.Hao please add to earlybackers group.

i7-9700k @5.0GHz
Z390 AORUS MASTER
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
RTX 2080 Ti
1x Lighthouse 1.0 / No controllers (I only want to use the headset for Simracing)

Nice setup! @park likely have some insights for single LH setups.

Tracking is working perfectly for me. Game is running fine. Only issue is the black screen every few seconds and the white dots. Seems like a signal issue. I ordered some noice filters and a different DC power plug. (They should arrive tomorrow)
I think the issue is the cable itself. Which I can’t replace on my own.

Indeed could be a cable issue. If so might be good to submit a support Ticket (might be best to submit on the 10th with the CNY)

If you have the option try on a different pc.

I agree…judging by other posts sounds like a dodgy cable

I think all three parts of the cable could use filters for a total of 4. (@Sean.Huang @PimaxVR @Dallas.Hao @Matthew.Xu @xunshu) to reduce possible interference.

1 @ headset input
1 @ DP pc in
1 @ Usb pc in
1 @ wall plug psu

But yeah likely a cable issue

I got the same issues (5K+, i7-6700, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x Lighthouse) and Pimax seems to be pretty slow about it. I mailed their support on Jan 24. Five whole days later they responded and asked for a video which I sent them about half a day later. And since then it has been six days without any sign of life from them. And due to Chinese New Year I guess I can’t expect any for a good week at least. This is frustrating to say the least.

Replaced the dc power plug, added 4 ferrit cores. Nothing still the same issues

Hopefully after the CNY support gets on top of these issues. If you have a Supen number post it here @Dallas.Hao.

@Dallas.Hao please add to earlybackers

Ticketnumber: SUPEN-1809 @Dallas.Hao @Sean.Huang