Pimax 8K Progress [Updated: Feb 6, 2018]

I don’t understand what you’re saying Xunshu. Who has to ‘confirm’ the progress? You of all people should KNOW what the progress is. Why not take 5 minutes of your time every week to keep the people who invested their money into your company at least somewhat informed about how it’s going? It’s extremely frustrating to have to hear from other forum members what’s going on and how long you’re shutting down the company for holiday’s. Why not just tell us directly?

Well folks are still waiting for Oculus & vive yo release a headset without flaws. Waiting might suck but there are kickstarter projects that folks have been waiting for over a year & some have gotten absolutely nothing with merry go round updates that only state “working hard” … I think it was SpaceVR that has those updates.

Hm. did we ever find out if it was okay to sell your place in line ? I sold vive already, may be getting out of VR for a bit.

I have no clue about the progress. I only emailed Xunshu and asked if the M1 delivery still is set for March and it turned out to be most likely not possible. That’s all I know.

Relax guys, we will get all information from Xunshu soon, no need to panic :wink:

A graphic description of the situation:

Like I said they gave at least 2 testers an update. As for a general update they could release info like: “When ready we have determined to have X test units available to ship out to testers. It has been a difficult process, but we have selected the following backers to help test out the units. Here is a list of the community members selected. We appreciate all whom were enthusiastic in being a tester & thank you for your continued support!”

If anything they should have with Sebastian & your update on test units should have posted an update here in the forums.

Myself? I am relaxed but equally disappointed in this disconnect in communication; the community has matured alot since the early days of “flying off the handle” with updates that seemed unfavourable.

In fact, among all the backers, only Mixedreality tv and @SweViver emailed me directly to ask for the M1 shipping time and my reply was "I can’t give an exact shipping time yet, but March seems a bit rush. "
About testers: there won’t be lots of units available. We will announce the tester list and the shipping time to the testers in the forum this month.

Looking forward to a comprehensive update.

Haha that’s VERY much exactly the point indeed. It’s frustrating though but really we can’t do anything else than wait. I’m also looking at RoadToVR every single day and HOPE that there’s an announcement of another competitor starting with a next gen headset. But man we all know that’s not going to happen anytime soon … Wait wait wait and wait some more, that’s all we VR enthousiasts can do at this point …

Well there is Hero but not for consumers & at last report you need strong neck muscles lol.

Just for fun :wink:

:joy: Taking the picture into account, I like mine (hmd) well done :+1:t3:

• medium rather not, even if I feel a lot like the dog :dog2: :poultry_leg:

For me it’s a dead year for VR. Sold my Pimax 4K and play again on flat monitor I never wanted to do again. No Vive Pro price announcement, no AAA VR game announcement. For now it’s dissapointing. I was hoping for more Pimax progression, seems they have more problems to solve. But let’s be optimistic.

Thats all Im hoping for now. It’s sad but Pimax are only proving to be compulsive liars. The fact is this thing wont be coming out any time soon

It’s going to take a while mate. A few hours ago Kopin released this press release: http://www.kopin.com/investors/news-events/press-releases/press-release-details/2018/Kopin-Provides-Business-Update-and-Fourth-Quarter-Fiscal-2017-Operating-Results/default.aspx

I thought the positive part was:

“Kopin expects to begin production of the Lightning OLED displays later this year using a new state-of-the-art OLED deposition system, which was co-funded by both companies. In addition, our partner BOE is on schedule in building the world’s largest OLED on silicon fabrication facility. BOE announced at CES that the fab is expected to be at mass production levels by late 2019.”

So at least some nice Kopin panels should hit the market later this year and BOE being production ready next year sounds very hopeful too. As you know their panels are the bomb and really will change VR.

but Pimax will not have these Oleds?

Well the 8k won’t, I’m not even sure about the 5k, haven’t really followed that. But Kopin and BOE are working on some wonderful stuff that should be ready (end of) next year. It’s a long wait, but there’s hope!

OK, but “late 2019” is far far away

It is mate, it is … Life of the VR enthousiasts isn’t easy :wink:

I’m sorry but with all promises made in the past i don’t like the way the backers here are treated… Maybe it’s just me, but it feels as if the attitude has changed.

From: “our backers are the most important, we want to do anything to keep them happy!”
To: “why are these annoying people asking so many difficult questions…”

When really all we wanted was a weekly update or something like it… A new post… Doesn’t have to be long… A few sentences… “Hey guys, this is what we did this week. This looks good, this looks bad, we are trying this to fix it… See you next week!”

Just this… Would have kept everyone calm and happy.