[Pimax Official] 1.0.1.103 Beta Test Release for Brainwarp 1.0

pimax-official

Same with iracing, smart smoothing takes away the sense of speed. Creates jitter in passing objects and just isn’t smooth. I find it better to run with lower graphical settings and hold 90fps at all times. If I ever get to a point where I can no longer hold 90fps, I’ll drop to the 72fps setting. It’s pretty darn good and I really can’t tell a difference.

Yep, 90fps would be the best solution for the stuttering problem. But that is impossible for DCS.
I had high hopes for the 64Hz-mode. But screen flickering and stuttering/warping makes it impossible to use for DCS and IL2.

Which headset did you receive?

5k+ sir 202020202020

Thanks Title updated!

@Dallas.Hao please add to earlybackers.

Here is a link to pitool 103R191 in my google drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/161FSrN0mCndP1eJoWym9HyOHJZq1sEJP/view?usp=drivesdk

The Pitool is temporarily unavailable?
What is the best Pitool version at the moment?
Received pimax 5k +

Totally unrelated: how can I quickly recenter the headset direction? Every time I start the Pimax again, it moves a few degrees to the right.

In game controls or right click pitool icon & choose recenter.

Can you expound? You mean Pitool Icon on the desktop Pitool software somewhere, thx!

Pitool Tray Icon in windows Taskbar. Right click & you will see recenter hmd option. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Your a gentleman, scholar and a plethora of info :beers: :grin:

As linked, fpsVR, and just plain old CTRL-F

Thank you so much!
What do you mean by ‘in game controls’? The in-game settings of the particular app?

I think @Heliosurge meant that. Sometimes its F4 or some other keystroke. In the steam overlay there is also an option. in Thumper you have to check/uncheck “autorecenter”. That works for me. Do you have lighthouses now?

In order to run a 3DMARK RTX benchmark, upgrading to Windows 1809 (October 2018 Update) was needed. I wondered if it wasn’t also a requisite for RTX features like Fixed Foveating Rendering.

Just an FYI the next PiTool upgrade will probably be mandatory for those who have Nvidia video cards if you upgrade your video driver. The new driver will almost certainly require the latest version of PiTool and that we deprecate previous versions. We will provide more detail after the team returns Feb. 11th. Just wanted some awareness to keep an eye out for the next release.

Sounds like an example of nVidia and Pimax working closely together!

PS @PimaxUSA do you never sleep

I believe Windows 1809 introduced the DirectX Raytracing API which is probably why it was needed so it could be the case. I would have though FFR was more of a nVidia driver thing though so you should ensure you are only the latest driver (bearing in mind what @PimaxUSA has just added)

Awesome tips!!
Lighthouses and controllers are supposed to arrive this week :slight_smile:

intermoresting. look forward to details