How do we know if survey monkey worked for registration seeing it didnt work to confirm my info for kickstarter.
Not hard to write a fake review for the contest.
as far as i understand the review is voted by all uf us, so an honest one would pinch ne nerve imho. iam gonna aim for that
@Leon.Wang this is my entry for the contest.
-Pros and cons.
- This is the first hmd that is designed for virtual reality users, not people new to vr.
- It fixes a fundamental problem I dealt with for years now, the claustrophobic sensory deprivation of low field of vision.
- Pimax could have released this headset over a year earlier than it did. They heard the community say it needed tons of quality refinements, and a miracle in itself, we have a company that went the distance and improved their product exponentially better than its original design. Actions speak louder than words and while early on words weren’t their forte (translation can sometimes be an issue), their actions demonstrated how impressive and adaptive the company is. Love is a verb.
- It’s not an oculus vs steamvr company. It’s compatible with everything.
- We wouldn’t have a high fov headset without pimax. They’re the only company that cares about the people who actually use vr.
- They’re not afraid of unorthodox and abstract ideas (brainwarp). It’s an ambitious goal to do some of the ideas they have, but they still share these interesting concepts with us.
- They already have tons of experience operating under critical conditions. Not many companies have that kind of experience and operate 24/7 on easy street.
- I haven’t once used my low fov hmd since I got my 5k+.
- Achieving what huge companies do with software is a strong challenge.
- Shipping early on was extremely difficult for both the backer and pimax.
- Some user experience software issues may take time to become a more streamlined experience if you play more than one game in a play session. (Changing to parallel projections and restarting pitool and steamvr etc)
- People aren’t aware that switching vr hmd’s who are long time users are basically trading in one reality for another. The experience is very different and a bit new.
- Early reviews are misleading. ‘The field of view effect’ is more complex than one might expect. We, as humans, are already adapted to natural wide field of view, but expect that same concept to be experienced in vr innately as a “wow factor”. Wide field of view is a “wow enabler”. It will take already impactful game experiences and make them much better.
How does FOV immerse me more in games?
FOV removes distractions. It delivers MORE of the worlds of virtual reality, and removes another layer of separation from the virtual world: unnatural black borders. And That is the ultimate goal of vr. To fix where traditional gaming failed in degrees of separation of the game world. This is the next step in immersion. And my experience has been that as time goes on with my use, I’ve come to appreciate it more as vr has become more of a portal to game developers imagination than ever before.
How does resolution allow me to read text clearer?
I’ve found that virtual desktop capture applications run fairly to very performance friendly and allow for immense super sampling. The combination of three things: the lowest sde, the highest in game resolution and highest super sampling values make text legibility viable for larger format screens. I’ve enjoyed using virtual desktops to 100 percent mod skyrim vr…in vr. Sometimes ill drop into bigscreen beta and sit in the back row and enjoy a movie while I mod skyrim lol.
Another first for pcvr, pimax’s lighting is great and matching my computers lighting, fairly common in gaming pc’s if not all of them. Nice move
The headset itself is decently light and definitely improved upon the vive.
As soon as I attached my vive DAS, 6mm memory foam facepad, and purchased an Apache DAS strap, i will say the thing feels like a 360 degree head pillow. So wonderful here. Highly recommend the Apache adjunctive das strap. I really like it so much.
Apps like bigscreen beta, went from being kind of a fun little distraction are now an outright imax experience, except in some aspects, superior to a refractive projected image, which has natural bloom and light diffusion issues, where as pimax big screen does not. Also pimax will have a sharper image due to the fact a movie theater projected image is fundamentally inferior.
Once again what higher resolution is- is not a “wow factor”, but a “wow enabler”. If your playing high quality games, they just got a whole lot more impressive thanks to these screens.
Better than I expected. Many times theres workarounds to play the games you love.
I play the forest vr, payday 2 vr, and modded skyrim a lot. With tons of mods mostly at 90 fps. Anything involved with achieving performance requires tweaking, so of course your going to want to research what works, and thats what i’m always doing.
Process lasso to manage priority, dedicate threads or whole cores, prevent identical processes from running etc.
Nvidia control panel to create game profiles for my games. Non unity and unreal games benefit twice as much from this.
Higher clock speeds.
I do wish I could play fallout but I just cant achieve 90fps.
I have a 1080ti, so I’m sure someone else needs it more than I do. I definitely will take this opportunity to mention about the quirks of switching [virtual] realities, and what pimax’s grandslam features do: remove entities between you and the gameworld, and and enable games to be more effective at touching you and visa versa.
i think you are suposed to wait a week when every one is participating and then make a own thread and link Dallas or leon.wang in your thread.
Well simple enough just take all the reviews from when folks. Received them. Reviews go as far back as Late september early October.
So PiMax will just cherry pick the reply’s, what if I give some good points but I give a lot of bad points, are pimax asking people to lie just for the chance of getting a prize ?
It says it’s voted by the community so I don’t think pimax will cherry pick assuming votes are able to be seen.
it is voted by the community. So you can vote my thread if it is good or not. The users decide
This is a terrible idea and no saying you will hold another contest in the future for when everyone gets their headset doesn’t make it fair. That means people who have their headsets right now can enter multiple compititions but those who dont can only enter one. Or will you make it so the people that enter this contest cant enter the next??
Might be an idea to vote for TuttVR’s review to test if community really does have the choice of the Winner.
Oh great!!! I didnt have my 5K+ so i cant join this event!!! And no answers yet from support!!! instead to make event like that… concentrate on the shipping for the people that all ready paid products!!!
TOTALLY AGREE us that are still left awaiting our units deserve better treatment than to be left out yet again
Let’s look at it with humor:
The idea that is proposed here has several advantages (Pros):
-Promote the product which is good for the business.
-Enable the community to participate in a contest that stretches around an exercise in which all Pimax owners can easily participate.
-Allow the lucky winner to win a very interesting prize.
It also has several disadvantages (Cons):
-It is not accessible to all backers, pre-orders, and buyers.
-It can produce the opposite effect of that sought to generate frustration.
Some proposals to the community as well as the initiator of this idea to overcome this difficulty:
-Maintain this initiative but propose an extension of the participation at least until the last backers get their Pimax. It will be an event that will be like a way to slash the champagne with the first contributors and symbolically close the long waiting period of the latter.
-Once the main problems of customer supplies stabilized, propose an event of the same type for pre-orders.
-If the formula works offer something original whenever possible to future buyers.
-Consider launching test balloons in the form of proposals to the community to evaluate the appreciation of the community.
-Adjust the number of events with the desired regularity.
Sorry wrong post …
This sounds reasonable, but…
- I’d extend it to 2 weeks AFTER the last backer gets their Pimax, so they have a reasonable amount of time to get their headset running and tweak their settings.
- I’d exclude those backers waiting for a 5K BE OLED or an 8KX, otherwise this contest would need to be completed many months from now.
I still think we should have @TuTVR post his review & all should vote for it if they want to press this forward.
Send all the products first!
I want to participate in the survey, too.
I’ve already got the hardware ready to help!
(9900K, 2080ti, vive sesser, comparison oculus cv1)
But I haven’t gotten 8K yet.
I can’t do this survey even if I want to ?
What, do people who haven’t received the product yet have to write an imaginary report?
The 8K has arrived at Shanghai and waiting to be tested.
Don’t worry,We will hold other activities
We want to hold more activities,all backers have chance to join .