Pimax, Please tell me how to send back my Loaner Unit or I'll never receive my 8KX. Love Generic

oke i will message you about the details thanks for helping me out

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA

Can you share some insights regarding my question above in this thread. Is it intended that plan D and the owner upgrade plan provide the same discount? I also raised this question and the request to swap the plans if true earlier today in ticket #19375 .

1 Like

The $100 we put towards the KS 8K headset had a higher value in the long run(8K was sold for more than the $100 difference). Now you(Pimax) want to limit how we spend this to cheap plastic and silicone to further profits(selling ‘unavailable’ 8Ks for retail price+only selling overpriced accessories).

“For a company giving you a discount” - You aren’t ‘giving us a discount’, this is not a discount, this is not a coupon, this is our money that we invested under good faith that we could use at a later date for items in the store. Do you think we’re stupid?

3 Likes

Yeah Martin, I have to respectfully disagree. I know you’re a little tangled up with Pimax’s interests here and I am sorry if you’re caught having to go to bat for them, but this move is completely indefensible. MAYBE- maybe if we were talking about mass market- an amazon/newegg storefront or something like this- we could begin to have a conversation about margin and losses. We are the BACKERS of this project. We are not standard end users. The money we have devoted to this project is worth far more than the dollar value of our headsets because we assumed the risk of failure. And in a sense- in doing this- Pimax is acquiescing to failure. The 5K+ and 8K Kickstarters are half baked products- they are Beta level production. This next batch finally feels like a market release. Pimax has pivoted to re-brand this as a new iteration of the product and that’s clearly untrue. If I am to speculate a little, it looks like Pimax has perhaps decided this is the best way to absolve/break with the backers and maximize profits. It’s frankly disgusting.

The way I see it, for Pimax, our headsets are already a loss. They should absorb their loss, give us a little dignity and move to recoup in the market. Given this MSRP, I am sure they could. Certainly with 6000 backers who are happy and advocating the product, they will succeed.

Right now however, there is an undeniable reality: Pimax is perceived as untrustworthy. Questionable build quality. Unreliable software. All around the internet, backers will be screaming about the way they were utterly shafted. You put all of this in the pot, and the average buyer considers this overpriced and a bad gamble. They will go for the index or something else. I certainly would.

12 Likes

I received feedback from support, the summary is that backers are not allowed to use the Upgrade Plan for current owner, they have to stick with the backer.pimaxvr.com plans. So the switch from plan D to the owner plan is not possible.
The same discount and price for both plans was explained with the higher unit price if you bought/preordered instead of backed a headset. So they not offered any further discount.

Really disappointed regarding the advertised crazy incentive discount plans for backers… :roll_eyes::frowning:

@PimaxUSA @Matthew.Xu @SweViver

can you confirm the statement from the support ? Would be good to know for all backers as well because I guess some already pre-ordered via the owner upgrade plan. Hope I get a reply this time regarding this topic…

9 Likes

It’s strange that they answered this to you, but with this answer Matthew confirms the availability of a “plan for current owners” for backers:

7 Likes

I hope it’s just a misunderstanding, I was just ready to order the 8k+ with the current owner plan. I guess not.
@Matthew.Xu whats going on?

11 Likes

I did exactly that through Online Chat two days ago, this is a quote from it:
[ Emily.wang]
“I have a note on SO50xx for our colleague to keep your KS stretch goals.”
“Have a nice day~ ![:blush:]”

1 Like

Ok thanks, I will try my luck with the online chat then. An official statement would be nice though…

Where I can find the online chat? I checked the store just now and the chat not appeared for me. Do they have special business hours?

you forgot to mention: pimax is… unable to communicate.

It hurts me the most of all things that the whole communication with or from pimax is in such an utter disorder. I don’t want to discuss possible improvements here. Just state that still, since the kickstarter campaign i have the personal opinion that this is far from the level it should be. And wonder every time when pimax has something to share with us backers and now existings customers, why we have to get through all this hassle by searching the forum for answers, raise questions, invest really much time and still don’t get straight, clear, cumulated and reliable answers.

And this does not even touch the topic why there are always so much unanswered questions in the first place.

8 Likes

You mean simple straight forward answers to ‘Is the final Revision/Consumer version of the 8KX ready for production?’

Still not answered.

5 Likes

I tried again with the support, they stated that the option to select or to switch the Owner Upgrade Plan was banned for backers by the management last night. So there is currently no way to keep stretch goals and get the discount. :frowning:
I explicitly asked to just add a note to my order to keep my stretch goals but this was denied as well.

Looking forward for the Berlin meetup :slightly_smiling_face:

@PimaxVR

2 Likes

Create a new topic and address it to @Matthew.Xu, @PimaxUSA and @SweViver.
This is a mistake - why was not it announced before?

And then technically who can stop you from selling the headset to yourself and create an invoice for that and become an owner not a backer. The only thing you need to do after is to get your money back from Pimax and raise another order as an owner.

Do you have a quote from Pimax support and the name of the person who said that?

2 Likes

Yeah but you can’t use the 5k8k downgrade credit then. Conflicting info of if it can be used at all towards a new headset.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. There goes my efforts to change my order to the current owner plan…
It seams support is not really knowing what they are doing. wich is not there fault, it should be well comunicated from higher up in the organisation before they started this, what a waste of resources…

4 Likes

I will prepare a thread later tonight but then I will stop my effort. If I would have used my time to work instead discussing with the support I basically could have bought the stretch goals by myself. I also fear more chaos if I would resell the Headset to myself, this is not worth it. Latest support quote as reaction to my switch request digging was:
" Dear Dennis
Really sorry for that this way already banned by management last night. we are punished because of the improper operation
Because of the Plan for current owner and the plan for backer was separated. why backer cannot enjoy the plan for the current owner, because they paid 899$ for the 8k, 400$ more than backer.
i am sorry for this, thanks

Sent by Pimax Innovation, inc. using"

So they state that normal customers paid more money for the headset, so despite the same discount the backer has still advantage because he got e.g. 8k cheaper during kickstarter…

3 Likes

So opt-out from the stretchgoals or pay the full price without a possibility to use the downgrade credit?

Is this how it is? Seriously can’t be?

10 Likes

@TrevorVR I keep asking the same thing and keep getting stonewalled.

4 Likes

I do not understand how this is possible :japanese_goblin:
Prior to this, a “plan for current owners” was possible for sponsors, because in the end we are also owners.
I contacted the support team about this. I was clearly answered that I can upgrade according to the “plan for the owners.”

Screenshot-confirmation

@Matthew.Xu, how should we take that at all? Honestly, this seems like some stupid mistake of your employees. And I still hope so.

2 Likes