Please don't look down on Made in China.

suggestions

Please don’t look down on Made in China.
As a person who is engaged in the VR industry and loves the VR industry, in an occasional facebook discussion group, I met a guest who was looking for a VR device. I am leaving a message saying that our company is a leading company in China’s VR industry, and we can help him build a VR project. As a result, I received a reply from the guest: Sorry, I will never consider buying a Chinese VR device. As a Chinese, I am very disappointed. Is this a misunderstanding about Chinese manufacturing and Chinese technology?

Throughout the world, in terms of the total output value of the manufacturing industry, the “world factory” is by no means a name, and China is the first in the world. Once upon a time, the most common impression that “Made in China” gave foreign consumers was “mass production” and “poor quality”. Even many Chinese who travel abroad are very worried about the “Made in China” printed on the items they bought. However, with China’s goal of transforming from a manufacturing power to a manufacturing powerhouse, “Made in China” has begun to make great strides toward “China’s quality” and “China’s wisdom”. Nowadays, new products such as virtual reality experience machines, driverless cars, and intelligent drones are emerging one after another, and research is deepening. Made in China, it is transforming China’s intellectual creation and creation.

From the beginning of processing trade, at the expense of excessive consumption of resources and resources, relying on low labor costs, lack of core technology and the pain of independent brands, the image of “Made in China” is going away. “China’s wisdom” will become a big and strong Chinese manufacturing industry. New business cards that achieve leapfrog development, enter the world in terms of innovation and comprehensive competitiveness.

Simple fact is the quality of items coming out of china is still subpar on far too many things.

Are you refering to the Iphone? It’s manufactured by Foxconn.

MY opinion about this no personal diss.

I agree that quality from chinese products have risen a great deal. For many products the difference is not noticable. So good job!

I do want to note something else: I work at a steel producing company in europe. We are having an economical crisis because imported chinese steel. Chinese steel companies are owned by the goverment so even though they are producing at selling prices which do not cover their costs (losses amended by gov.) they keep producing an 500 million ton extra steel. Which is being exported all over the world. Ofcourse with the decisions from a certain US of A blocking that import all that import comes to europe.

We in europe are at a disadvantage since we are single companies who get less help from goverment, need to pay co emmission taxes for every ton above allowance for a company. These prices are rising while chinese steel is being imported at low non environment (paid for) friendly steel. And ofcourse EU never considered till this point to have CO tax on imported goods…

The Chinese look down on “Made In China”

Ignore the bigotry from people man. Many people have preconceived notions about quality vis Chinese products. Many people do not (in my country for example,) realize that China has made insanely great strides in manufacturing, (and other countries are too.)

Many don’t even realize that nowadays when it comes to manufacturing infrastructure (factory equipment, tools, etc.) much needs to be bought from China, before you can even have high capacity manufacturing domestically, because western countries spent decades out sourcing for labor.

I was just thinking about this… I’m not sure people understand how awesome this is…

We can get tech today that we would otherwise have to wait 3 - 6 years for and/or pay 5x for…

There’s a reason there are no consumer alternatives to Pimax yet…

It’s not about “China”… everything is made in China, virtually all of the “quality” stuff

It’s about super early ship dates and the most ridiculous specs built from custom hardware… not taking 5 - 7 years to ship v1…

To me this kind of project + speed of hardware and software iteration is super impressive, and I’m happy to deal with some amount of bullshit to get this futuristic wizard tech today