I finally got a 5K plus… the good:
- PiTool works well and covers every little thing I could think of
- I have a fancy desktop with a 2080 ti and everything runs like butter at the max without smoothing or FR
- Comfort is great for me personally out of the box
- The FOV is awesome, obviously, distortions aren’t too bad
- IPD adjustment is great – love the easy software slider for that extra inch or so
- Good god the color…
I have an Odyssey+ and it’s really night and day flipping to something like Skyrim for example…
Not even talking about the big SDE difference (not a huge deal for me) – it’s just sooo washed out.
I really appreciate all the Brightness / Contrast sliders (though a little confusing as there are 2 brightness settings)
Is it really good for some games? Maybe it’s just Skyrim – which admittedly has a huge mix of daylight and dungeon that demands high contrast…
The color kills any immersion I could get out of the FOV.
Any suggestions? What’s worked for people? Specific games?
Should I be doing something different with the contrast / brightness sliders / drop down?