Question: Was the Kickstarter prototype a huge fraud?

It may be worth keeping in mind that using “black frame insertion”, whatever you may chose to call it (we usually speak of “low persistence display” in VR circuits), and whatever way you achieve it, to combat judder (…or “motion blur”, as it was erroneously repeatedly called in the recently linked article), is an important core feature of VR headsets (EDIT: also fundamentally important for the functionality of “brainwarp”), and I very much suspect the holy 90Hz were really chosen for being something of a lower limit that the majority of very flicker-sensitive people can live with, rather than anything else.

Also, about something said a bit up above; A friendly reminder: Nano=billionth (in short scale); 10^-9.

Users can add to preferences to mute users post counts from notifying. See your preferences.

That would be awesome. Kinda bothers me too! It’s not because of different opinions no matter whether I like em not not. It’s the plp that just can’t get rid of their constant urge to shit into peoples’ faces just for the “fun” of it…
Fun fact: they could actually c/p their bullshit since it’s mostly the same anyway. For probably sad reasons beyond my control they have the time of rewriting their mostly pittyfull content over and over again. I totaly like that Heliosurge is even trying to go into remarkably patient and polite discourse but…don’t feed the trolls if u obviously see em. Just my 2 cents

yea I couldn’t agree more. Heliosurge sent me a pm with instructions to mute/snuff other users. Click on your user icon at the top right of the main page then open the “cog wheel” preferences; then scroll to near bottom and look for mute users.
cheers.

Thx a lot, could not find it alone. Fortunaly the list won’t be long but effective

mute/block equals satisfaction…

Wow, this post had lot of success , in good way and a bad way.

As previoulsy said, my intend was to make pimax react by being provocative and showed them what I can read in forums and sites. I did never really accused them, I used words like “tend to…”, " we could estimate…". But you must all admit that if you tell your Pimax story to someone external, his first reaction will be to tell you that you’ve been tricked !

There is no need to go into a debate as Pimax will of course never said they lied even if it was the case. And I really hope it is not the case.:pray:

I can read some theory that would explain delays, but I would like to hear it from Pimax, with facts, not to hear it from another backer that has obviously no more information than me !

Pimax need to re-consider their communication once for all and as said, we must act as one to make them understand it.

It has been very well said by @Heliosurge. Pimax image that is building now will play on sales, on the health of the company and on their ability to provide correct support once the HMD will be out.

We are their first marketing workforce right now. For example, my brother wants to buy a HMD. I cannot recommend him to wait few month for the Pimax considering the level of information we have today. So he will probably get an Odyssey. Do you really think he will change it for a pimax in few month ?
A lot of us are by definition pioneer in VR and can really infuence our friends.

So please, can we stop fighting against each other and put pressure on Pimax to get answers, as a united community ??

PS: For all people that treat each other of child. YES we are all children. Come on, we have backed a new toy to be able to fight dragons in a virtual reality… What adult would do that ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If what they held out at the start was true, their ‘world class’ production facility with thousands of employees, waiting and ready to go…photos and all…then why would they need to move to a ‘world class facility’?
This is merely one example of them evidently lying.
I have experience of being lied to.

Having a world class facility can mean many things. Moving the line even internally in the same facility is not a minor task.

Then if you know Apple; Iphones are manufactured for them by Foxconn.

Alot of companies outsource some or all manufacturing. Just about all of the Automotive industry is ran this way & for the most part just assembly occurs say for example at Ford.

The simple truth we don’t have anything definitive to “know” what is the case. All I can iterate is the same as other backers like @SweViver can confirm it’ll be worth it when its ready; based on hands on experience of the v2 (my case) & those who had the opportunity to try the v3.

One of the hardest things to realize is we are not the only ones that the team is trying to appease. Remember the kickstarter page.

Partners

Having partnerships; some will have requirements for their agreements that may cause delays.

There have been so many individual requests for simple and timely/reliable updates from Pimax, that have gone unanswered. That’s partly why this whole thing here is starting to unravel and devolve.

The other thing with what i have said about the Partnerships is that these partners may have NDAs themselves that might interfere with clear answers.

But to use a turn of phrase “The Road To VR” is not paved & clear. It is full of obstacles that need to be cleared & potholes that need to be filled. But with patience & hardwork it can lead to the Shangri la.

[quote=“Ben06, post:269, topic:6046, full:true”]
Wow, this post had lot of success , in good way and a bad way.

As previoulsy said, my intend was to make pimax react by being provocative and showed them what I can read in forums and sites. I did never really accused them, I used words like “tend to…”, " we could estimate…". But you must all admit that if you tell your Pimax story to someone external, his first reaction will be to tell you that you’ve been tricked ![/quote]
So you were trolling and making false claims, just to try and get a rise out of people? Doesn’t sound like good healthy conversation or a way to make any people at all answer any questions you may have.

[quote=“Ben06, post:269, topic:6046, full:true”]There is no need to go into a debate as Pimax will of course never said they lied even if it was the case. And I really hope it is not the case.:pray:

I can read some theory that would explain delays, but I would like to hear it from Pimax, with facts, not to hear it from another backer that has obviously no more information than me ![/quote]
They have explained all of their delays, time and time again. And why do you need reasons, when we know it’s coming, and we know what has to happen before it comes? This company has had better communication than one would expect, considering the number of super super impatient people who just want their device now now now, regardess of quality.

Communication has been both great & bad at times.

The best answer to something not known is to state such.

Example: Any specs on the Audio headset?

At this time the deluxe audio headband is still being developed to ensure comfortable ergonomics. As such we have not nailed down a supplier for the audio drivers. Closer to shipping of the Deluxe Audio headband we will release details then.

Any answer to a question is better than none.

But I recall a conversation with @D3Pixel & this is where even @MarcoBalletta has some valid points. As the team has said time & again they are a small passionate team and as such it’s not always easy when they are stretched filling multiple roles to try & complete things.

There is really only 1 thing I will say Marco has trouble seeing. Pimax is a pre kickstarter company & has pre existing products that has built them a relatively good customer service record & on some levels the big fish could learn from them. This reputation outside of Backer’s concerns needs to continue to grow & be maintained to ensure consumers will want & trust the pimax branding for future products for sale like the new headsets & accessories. I want them to be successful well beyond the Kickstarter model releases & to do that they need to maintain current consumer relations more than backer relations imho.

For us Backers the headset & accessories will speak for themselves once they arrive.

Yes as backers we need to relax more.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the audio on the 4k or BE. They were very comfortable, as were the headsets. I have no reason to believe they’ll blow that. Unless I was a demented foil cap wearing freak that saw conspiracy in the cost of my corn flakes.

How can the Pimax Not be better in this??

I’m so looking forward to SweViver getting one of these. Some of you deserve to be forced to watch him have his way with the 8k. That was Pimax’s true plan.

I agree somewhat with your post, meeting your original specs is important, but there aren’t just two camps involved, time only and specs only. Certainly, they couldn’t quickly and dramatically reduce specs to meet a fast date and hope for any kind of customer satisfaction, so it’s very important for specs to be as close as possible to promised. That said, there is a large gradient that shifts as time goes on. Everyone wants and hopes they meet their specs. How many would be happy if they had met original time and specs promises. Everyone. If they meet the specs with 9 months delay, how many backers are happy? I’m thinking most would be? What if the delay becomes 14 months? Fewer satisfied backers. 18 months and into Q3 2019? Trust me, muuuuch fewer backers to just get “close to the original 2017 specs” at that point. And worst case scenarios would be massive delays of a year or more followed by being unable to overcome issues and releasing a product with serious and not minor flaws.

I’m someone happy to wait through normal, REASONABLE delays for a good product (and communication helps the waiting), but in my case, based on my investment in a 1080Ti, painting and clearing a VR space which currently sits empty based on the information they have given us, I will really only be a pretty happy backer if I get my Pimax this year. But their poor communication is an issue for this stuff. Tell us the truth, even a bitter pill is better swallowed early, don’t let it sit and grow worse because you don’t want to have to give it (but will have to at some point anyways). If I have to wait until 2019? Or worse, mid 2019??? Trust me, way less happy, I could have bought one of the current solutions and been using VR for 12-14 months at that point, which I would have done had I known. I’ve even considered getting a Samsung Odyssey to dip my toe in and tide me over, but based on my total guesswork of when I should expect my 8k, I don’t really want to dip in with an expensive and inferior product.

I think the truth is, Pimax simply doesn’t know when it will ship at this point. Clearly, they have been far too optimistic (publicly). At this point, I’m hoping the headsets will start shipping to backers in 2-3 months.

Ive read those discussions. The issue isn’t whether some units might be able to hit 90hz, but can Pimax guarantee stability at that refresh rate.

Thank you for being fair and balanced, a voice of reason amongst paranoia.

I’ve come to the conclusion the apparent ‘concern trolling’ posts on this forum are probably, at times, written not just by confused people but also by VR product competitors desperate to stop Pimax becoming successful in their marketing as we draw closer to the month that testers get their headsets to try out.

The reality away from the conspiracy theorists is Xunshu has explained fully, that soon, the few people chosen will get to test drive the prototypes, and then give feedback. We’ve all read it and seen it so no one has been left in the dark in terms of estimated time-scale of the next steps. Yes, the release data hasn’t been discussed yet, but it cannot be because the testing of the HMD’s sent out to people chosen on the forum hasn’t even taken place yet, so no date can be estimated.

The only criticism I have is silence of the 8K-X which 400 people, including myself put money towards. Other than that, Pimax has been generally OK with feedback, considering they are a small company, and this forum is written in English and not Chinese and Chinese employers are having to type in foreign language.

Personally I think these odd threads are all a fuss over nothing, and arguably just demonstrate and element of irrational anxiety that the vast majority of people here will spot a mile off, which makes you think - what is the point of this thread? Probably on balance it’s best we all ignore it and let it die out, and the advanced worriers will only benefit if it’s ‘locked’, citing discrimination and censorship etc.

Really, all of this behaviour was predictable and inevitable, hence the distraction, is easily ignored as silliness.