Received Pimax 5K+ - 10600 error [SOLVED]

Hi,

I have raised a support ticked under #20570, as I have received my 5K+ today and spend most of my day troubleshooting the 10600 error with a red LED on the HMD.

Coming over to support and reading these messages about delayed responses has me worried, and got me thinking is it worth just sending back via amazon (where I purchased it from) for a refund as defective as I only have a set period to do this - and it seems to me like the cable is defective.

Where if I waiting for a response for too long and then a replacement part or anything, it will breach their returns policy date no doubt.

I have tried the following by browsing and getting some help of the community;

1 Tried a number of versions of PiTool, most recent to older ones 129, 90. 91
2. A number of uninstalls and re-installs of each version of PiTool
3. Chaining USB and Display ports used
4. Fresh re-install from Clean Re-install within nVidia Experience
5. Reset the firmware - as per SweVivers video
6. Shut down and restarted Pimax Services
7. Cleared all Pimax details for %APPDATA% folder, before doing re-installs of PiTool
8. Confirmed my DP firmware is up to date

Other important things to note;

1. These ports work fine with my other VR headsets (Index and Rift S).
  2. Used our secondary machine for all the tests above - same issue

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce 1080Ti 11GB

It would be a shame to have to return it, as I really wanted the FOV increase for sim racing.

@Konger @Matthew.Xu @PimaxUSA

3 Likes

Definitely go through Amazon. It will be way faster.

Have you tried removing and reseating the cable? You can disconnect the cable at the point it connects to the headset itself and reinsert it. Since the headset is seemingly not being detected at all that might be worth a try.

2 Likes

We already went through the basic troubleshooting steps over here and concluded it’s likely a faulty cable.

2 Likes

Hi,

Yeah done a lot of trouble shooting over on the post linked by @DrWilken, including resetting the cable, missed that off the list - can’t think of anything else left to try really

1 Like

Options are we could ship you a new cable (likely from Shanghai) or you could do an Amazon exchange. It’s actually a different team that handles incoming amazon internal system tickets that can process that for you.

1 Like

How would we go about arranging an exchange via Amazon, would you be able to get it to that department?

1 Like

You do it through Amazon by going to the “Return or Replace” section then select your order. Amazon will then email for approval and the team will authorize it.

1 Like

I have just spoken to Amazon as I only had the return option on the website. They informed me as this was sold via them by Pimax and the order was fulfilled and shipped by Pimax and not their warehouse they can only do a return on the item.

They are emailing me a returns label, so I can return it get the refund and reorder it.

Well support was fantastic on Skype today, they contacted me. Gave them remote control of my PC and they ran their debug tool and found an issue within the Applet and now it is all working. No need to return it, been busy since then but testing it will be happening tomorrow for sure :slight_smile:

3 Likes