I have raised a support ticked under #20570, as I have received my 5K+ today and spend most of my day troubleshooting the 10600 error with a red LED on the HMD.
Coming over to support and reading these messages about delayed responses has me worried, and got me thinking is it worth just sending back via amazon (where I purchased it from) for a refund as defective as I only have a set period to do this - and it seems to me like the cable is defective.
Where if I waiting for a response for too long and then a replacement part or anything, it will breach their returns policy date no doubt.
I have tried the following by browsing and getting some help of the community;
1 Tried a number of versions of PiTool, most recent to older ones 129, 90. 91
2. A number of uninstalls and re-installs of each version of PiTool
3. Chaining USB and Display ports used
4. Fresh re-install from Clean Re-install within nVidia Experience
5. Reset the firmware - as per SweVivers video
6. Shut down and restarted Pimax Services
7. Cleared all Pimax details for %APPDATA% folder, before doing re-installs of PiTool
8. Confirmed my DP firmware is up to date
Other important things to note;
- These ports work fine with my other VR headsets (Index and Rift S).
- Used our secondary machine for all the tests above - same issue
PC Specs: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce 1080Ti 11GB
It would be a shame to have to return it, as I really wanted the FOV increase for sim racing.