Received 5K+ yesterday, backer 57XX. Like several others in many threads I too have this “flashing dots” or “noise” issue. I also have the black screen flicker issue but at best it may repeat every couple of minutes, not seconds.
Things I tried that did not resolve anything:
- Remove all extra devices (usb hubs etc).
- Wrap aluminum foil around the Pimax power input box
- Try different gpu displayports
- Try different USB ports
- Try different wall power sockets
- Reseat the cable of the HMD.
- Increase SteamVR power saving setting from 5s (what?) to 10 minutes
I don’t have a compatible power adapter so I can’t try that. The pixel flickering has been solved with a new cable but the black screen issue is weird. It seems like if you start SteamVR before pimax software or a crash happens both issues become worse: bigger flashing dots (maybe fov issue?) and the black screen flicker occurs every few seconds. After Windows reboot or shutdown things get better again.
What’s next, try updating the pimax software and firmware? I now have Firmware 188.8.131.52 and Pimax 184.108.40.206.
Vive works flawlessly, but now that fov is painful to look at.
Really hoping it’s just a cable issue.