Status of Brightness Control

Thank you for your encouragement, we will work harder to provide better products

That’s great news. Thank you.

Thanks for the update ! Do you think it would be possible to support 4k @ 30 hz input signal in a future update ?

does the brightness need to be adjusted each time ? or does it remember settings ?

It seems to need to be changed if you change modes. You can now see the status including if the cool or warm colors are selected, in the debug tools. Very handy.

The brightness really makes things much better. 3d effect is so much more noticeable and colour’s look brighter and more vibrant.

The brightness setting may retain. If you check the status from the Debug Tool/Device info/Connection, Brightness information reads LEVEL_HIGH_1 or LEVEL_NORMAL.

Perhaps the Debug tool gets stuck when modes are changed. Mine reads LEVEL_HIGH_1 even after USB unplug/replug.

Anyone know if it can go higher than LEVEL_HIGH_1?

that is as far as i got it. You are right, sometimes it stays sometimes it does not.

Yes, you can set LEVEL_HIGH_2 with command 10033036. That’s the highest level there currently is.

@sjefdeklerk Wow. How did you know that?

The tool was written in C# .net. It’s therefore very easy to disassemble it and you can then see all the commands. There are also 2 commands for lower-than-normal brightness but I don’t think anyone is interested in that :slight_smile:

Noticeable change when using LEVEL_HIGH_2? There must be a reason why this was not mentioned. Perhaps it’s the limit?

I’m not at home right now. I’ve tried it yesterday quickly, I don’t think it changed much over HIGH_1 though, but I’ll need to look closer again I guess :slight_smile:

I’d say there is a significant change between HIGH_1 and HIGH_2, but I think you start loosing contrast and the blacks begin to appear a bit grayish. After experimenting I personally prefer 1, but it’s good to have the option to increase it further if I ever need to :slight_smile:

BTW, you don’t need to restart Steam VR to change between brightness levels, you can do it in the middle of a game so it’s easy to compare.

Noticeable change, indeed. As jjvvgg, mentions about the colors. It begans to wash them out slightly. If it’s not too much trouble, I’d like to know the lower than normal brightness settings as well, sjefdeklerk.

Wondering how close ReShade in Extended mode can match or come close to LEVEL_HIGH_1.

Sure:

all levels:
Low_level1: 10033001
Low_level2 :10033002

High_level1: 10033011
High_level2: 10033036

Level_normal: 10033000

Dark vertical line in center of right eye when I move

Ok, normal level same as before (dim) ot better?

Hello sjefdeklerk ~!
I made a video using your amazing information.
I was able to see how bright it was while changing the brightness.
Thank you for your information.

Drift has not dissapear 100%. It has been improved but some yaw drift remains in certain cirsumstances

Hi,

Can’t download :
PiSetup_1.1.92_beta_x64.exe
https://mega.nz/#!gI8h0AbZ!MyMNdZQi3FBSpeX3mW6a_HFIrwELScwawNBPnzws3YM

my antivirus gives an alert for a suspect element !
(win32:Evo-gen (susp))

So use that brain of yours and disable your Antivirus…

Yeah cause hackers don’t exist…

"How did Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] infection got on my computer?

The Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] virus is distributed through several means. Malicious websites, or legitimate websites that have been HACKED, can infect your machine through exploit kits that use vulnerabilities on your computer to install this Trojan without your permission of knowledge."

Since you so graciously replied to my query and have total confidence, would you be so kind and download it for me and send it to https://www.virustotal.com/en/ for inspection like it is suggested here:

Is Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] a False Positive?

Files reported as Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] are not necessarily malicious. For example, users can be tricked into using non-malicious programs, such as Web browsers, to unknowingly perform malicious actions, such as downloading malware. Some otherwise harmless programs may have flaws that malware or attackers can exploit to perform malicious actions. Should you be uncertain as to whether a file has been reported correctly, we encourage you to submit the affected file to https://www.virustotal.com/en/ to be scanned with multiple antivirus engines.
In most cases, Avast users are trying to download pirated software, and the Avast Web Shield will pop-up with the following alert:

Suspicious file blocked!

Avast! Web Shield has blocked a harmful webpage or file.
Object: […]
Infection: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]
Process: […]

If you have seen the above Avast! Web Shield alert, then your computer should not be infected with malware, because Avast should has blocked the infected file. If the notification persists, we recommend that you follow the below removal guide.

And please post the results.
Thanks in advance.