This topic is related to
When I measure my face foam, it is around 11.5 mm. (not sure because ever though that it is 13 mm., but when measurement again, it is around 12 mm.)
- I can see more distortion at the edge, but when familiar with headset and test in fruit ninja, not much distract when use the headset around a week.
When I try 14 mm vr cover result is.
- less distortion
- fov is decrease too.
- look more blurry when wearing the first time and have to increase more ipd for better focus.
- more nose room and then I can see more image by opposite lens easier.
- When I use 11.5 mm, the image is little blurry at the edge, but I still can see the image in the headset. When I use this thickness, I can see the outer edge of the lens instead if I try to look at the edge (not image in the game).
- The most important is wrong distortion at the center, when I turn my head, the center will has more wrong geomatric distortion easier (with pimax face foam, it will happned at the edge only). Maybe this the reason why someone talk about this issue. Distance between eye to lens effect to dostortion (like google cardboard with wrong profile)
So the face foam thickness is very important while we can’t move in and move out the lens.
@Dallas.Hao tag for useful info.
I am suspect that how the headset will support all user without changing the face foam every time, that is very inconvenience.
Explain more about center distortion, it look like image at the center is rotated around y axis. If you turn right, image rotate against clockwise, if you turn left, image rotate clockwise. The horizontal scale is compressed.
credit : Thank you @glassy99 to give vr cover for the test.
Please read more test here.