Testers and Reviewers be vigilant

If they are (( very confident )) about it, and they have their testing and etc
Why they need out testers + NDA ??
Or
They are buying time already !!!
anyways keep it up…

Sorry, won’t bite. Try a better bait. Or better, don‘t try.

Easier ways to buy time. Very vocal testers have it. This is good.

Hey guys. Lots of assumptions I see! Let me be straight here, without any smileys as they are apparently not appreciated. Im obviously a too happy person. Thanks for that comment btw.

Aaaanyway…

We decided already early this morning to cancel the live stream, basically because there is not much we can talk about in public anyway. We were mostly aiming to discuss the whole hype about Pimax, the whole story around it ever since we both met in Amsterdam and then how the journey has been going on until this week. But in the end, who wants to listen to that? Nobody. People want answers. People want to see the headset in action. But we cant give u that yet.

We are under NDA. Everyone knows that. We are not gonna go against it. I personally think the NDA was a great idea. This forum would be a freak show today if everything was open to public. People love to nitpick and especially shout out loud in anger when they find a flaw or whatever. Look at every post since V3 and V5 prototype showcases. Madness, if u ask me.

Me and Sebastian are in kind of a non-stop contact currently, voice, chats etc discussing the headset while testing it on each side. There is a lot to test, and you may imagine how time consuming it is. So far only the 2 of us has got the m1, the others might get them after the weekend I assume. So for now all we can do is to test things on our own and reflect with eachother.

Not only testing, but we are also writing detailed reports on the results (whenever they are good or not) which will be shared with the other upcoming testers and Pimax team and technicians/engineers of course.

Beta testing is not about enjoying Skyrim VR for 5 hours straight in 200FOV. Im not really only “enjoying playing games on the Pimax” at the moment, im TESTING them, and even if I may find it VERY interesting or enjoyable its still all about beta testing. I feel a big responsibility about this task I got, and Im taking it seriously, just as Sebastian does as well.

Also, the videos we made got a lot of love and hate. Some ppl loved it. Some hated us because we kept everything unsaid. Ive never got so many thumbs down on a video before! Well, these were only announcement videos. To let ppl know we are testers, and most importantly to let the world know that the Pimax 8K headset actually is a real product that we are holding in our hands. Because this is something that a lot of people still keep denying (haters gonna hate and Vive/Rift fanboys gonna fanboy).

But no, there will probably be no Pimax videos recorded (at least not from my side) until the NDA is lifted. There is no point making you even more frustrated I think. Believe me when I say that Im actually not making any money worth mentioning from my channel. So this beta testing thing is not my 5 minutes in spotlight. I couldn’t care less tbh.

All I care about is that I want that YOU (every single backer in here) and me of course one day receive a final version of Pimax 8K to our door, in as good condition as possible, with as few bugs and issues as possible and with the best VR experience possible. And thats why im putting all my time and energy into the testings at the moment. I dont do this to record videos for my channel. In fact, I have not recorded even a second of footage while testing yet. Recordings will be made later, and thats not my highest priority right now. First we want to make sure things are working as we expect them to work. Fair enough?

Once all beta testers are disclosured, probably during next week I will most likely reach out to you all in here and ask you to give us more advices/tips about games/apps and stuff to try on the 8K that we may have forgot.

But until then, I keep hovering under the radar. I hope you can respect that.

And if you wonder about my less happy tone today: Well, all the negativity in this forum lately, on Reddit, in comments and such are really not making it easy to smile today. Its quite sad to see this community had become so infected by trolls. Sorry, but Im just honest.

Cheers

Honestly, I’d like to hear what the beta testers think about the M1, as long as it’s appropriately labeled as a pre-production unit, like the V-# units we’ve already read about. I hope it’s good enough to release, as is. Of course, the reality is that it will probably need at least a few tweaks.

Even though I live in the suburbs, our mailbox is a huge rural-style design. We get a lot of parcels.

The people who downvoted you were ignorant about this whole process. We have your back though! Example:

[quote=“SweViver, post:44, topic:6354”]
And if you wonder about my less happy tone today: Well, all the negativity in this forum lately, on Reddit, in comments and such are really not making it easy to smile today. Its quite sad to see this community had become so infected by trolls. Sorry, but Im just honest[/quote]
Negative people (let put it in those words) are always more visible than normal people (let put it in those words too). For their 1 minute of fame, anyway. But because of that, do not think that community is not appreciating what you do. Because we DO appreciate. Keep it up, and THANK YOU!

Shoot the trolls !!! :sunglasses: (20)

Now seriously, i might not be one of your top fans but i respect what you do and watch your videos.
Don’t get bothered by trolls and BS.
Keep up the good work and stay focused :eyes::muscle:t4:

If it’s for this comment completely innocent on my part, I swear:

It’s not because I doubt you. I just found it funny that you could not help being so revealing, which is a good thing, only too revealing in this case. That’s all.

[quote=“SweViver, post:44, topic:6354, full:true”]All I care about is that I want that YOU (every single backer in here) and me of course one day receive a final version of Pimax 8K to our door, in as good condition as possible, with as few bugs and issues as possible and with the best VR experience possible.

Well, all the negativity… are really not making it easy to smile today. Its quite sad to see this community had become so infected by trolls. Sorry, but Im just honest.[/quote]
Let me say: I really appreciate what you (and Sebastian and the other beta testers are doing). Being bound by an NDA can be tough at times. Plus, you have a lot of work ahead of you, which you aren’t even getting paid for. I hope the M1 is so good that you still get some enjoyment out of this difficult task.

Sometimes, it seems like the entire Internet is “infected by trolls”. I think a big part of it is envy; you have something that they want, but which they aren’t mature enough to have earned.

There’s no need to apologize, your feelings are understandable.

And let me end this with a big “thank you” to you and all the beta testers. :+1:

many backers only subscribed because of mrtv ,voodoode and sweviver recommendations

That’s a very good point. I scoured the net for as much info as I could get, before risking hundreds of dollars. I’m sure SweViver was one of those who helped convince me to take the plunge.

Hey Folks,

We are at a critical stage with Pimax’s 200°FoV headsets.

Let’s remember testers will be under alot of pressure as well with the public hungry for the next evolution in vr that Pimax is putting forward.

As @SweViver has said testing new hardware is quite a different process than beta testing a game.

As a community &/or backers we need to show support for Pimax & the Testers alike. Meaning not encouraging slips. And as @cazman321 has demonstrated helping to educate those whom don’t understand the process.

Soon enough the ribbon will be cut & the veil lifted.

We have been growing as a community & while we too stumble; we can help one another to continue to grow into a community we can all be proud of!

:fireworks::tada::beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

I really want to see who are the other testers, I’m sure we’ll have some surprises.

I’m surel this coming week is likely to reveal with any luck the other 8. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

At this rate, I don’t think so, but it will be soon in any case.

Wow, well said, cudos!

When I post image of Sebastian video, they not look the lenses,but complain that why cushion look so cheap. They only want to find anything to discredit and happy with their headset forever.

Dear @SweViver

I really appreciate what you are doing. I’m your subscriber. I was thinking I can be even your patron. I really enjoying your informative videos. Especially hardware parts like lenses swap, hardware reviews and ofcourse VR game optimization
but…

My 2 cents ( unfortunatelly a bit salty) regarding that parts - ppl gets angry becouse they excally know how YT works and when YT paiying to creators.
Personally I not buying that things that you guys ( including MRTV) explain yourself in M.Jackson style (love, doing for US and let word know that Pimax 8k is a real thing…) c’mon ! Be honest at least you guys creating for future profit and making sometimes too longs vids blabling about “nothing” because on the back on your head you know that you can put there more commercials. You guys asking for subs, counting viewers asking for patrons. So if I was You I will skip “self explaining” part !