Hi I have been testing the Pimax 5K+ and I have a few tips to get you started. This will help you trouble shoot.
Give the headset a little time when booting rebooting resetting powering up or down.
Make sure the headset has power. All the cables are plugged in.
My fix may not be the one that works for you or you may find a more simple fix.
- If you get a headset disconnected error with/or either usb cable or display port not connected error. Or a USB malfunction error. This happened to me 3 times.
Try a different USB and or DP port on the computer. Reboot computer make sure your USB ports are running full power and try to use USB ports directly on the motherboard.
You may need to reconnect the cable at the headset also this has fixed this issue for me. The cable at the headset is removable just hold firmly and pull slowly the outer face gasket may also come out a little but no worries its just held in with tabs and is completely removable. Once the cable slides out plug it back in and let the computer reconnect. This has always fixed this issue for me. Its very easy to do.
- Headset not tracking error or Lighthouse not seen. This happened to me 2 times and always seams to happen on software reinstall.
Shut down the pimax software. Locate the “lighthouse” folder at C:\Users\Administrators\AppData\Local\Pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse Delete the entire lighthouse folder and restart the pitool software.
- Double vision or weird visual vision issues. Happens on software reinstall every time to me.
Reboot the HMD in the pitool HMD menu…also the setting in the pimax software for Hidden area mask and compatible with parallel projections sometimes need to be on for a specific game so messing with these can fix issues.
- Controller not tracked. Happened only once to me. One controller was stuck on not tracked no matter what I tried. If I rebooted the HMD or restarted the software or the controller it showed one controller as not tracked.
I got this issue once and to fix it I had to uninstall pitool and delete the config folders at C:\Users\John\AppData\Local “pimax and pitool” folders. And reinstall everything.
- Your in game position or floor or controllers are way off. Happened only once so far for me. Everything was way way off controllers looked like they were 40 feet away I was 40 feet away up in the ceiling.
I ran the room setup “Steam and Pimax” and still did not fix it. I had to do #6 to fix it.
- Various issues you may encounter.
Reboot the HMD and computer or…
I have had to uninstall the Pimax software and manually delete the Pimax and Pitool folders in the C:\Users\John\AppData\Local folder. Then reinstall everything and run the setup again to get it working.
All this aside once its working I haven’t had issues in game and the visuals are amazing in this headset. The issues have been occasional but for the most part it has worked very well. All the issues seem to stem from software and hopefully will be addressed in future updates.